November Challenge

tlc

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my defense, I was looking for Charche photos, I just happened to stumble across the other photos :eek:

:laugh:

It's been way to hot for pics here, but thought I'd add the last recent, I always use the same subject, really need to try something else :rofl: maybe next time!

Heavily edited In PS :eek:

4121120-5-zeiba-in-hdr.jpg

Another brilliant photo of the boys bec - I love the way you've edited the colours and the composition and expressions are great. Talk about having the perfect subjects for portrait shots although I do think Ash's tips should be seriously considered.. :laugh:

Hey, I know what I'm talking about. It's all about giving the public what they want. :(

I'm going through some wildlife shots I took from a boat off the coast last Saturday. Here are two.

Face plant! Juvenile Campbell Albatross - such a graceful, strong flier but crap at landing on water. :laugh:

4121376322_a8456462c6.jpg

eta: Nov challenge is a good title, can I say how bloody hard it is taking pics from a rocking boat?!

Edited by Ripley

Awesome shots everyone! I have been a bit slack the last couple of days the hotness has zapped the life out of me, but today a friend (doler RJ) and I went out to a local waterfall and had a photoshoot and I was suprised when she actually let me take some shots of her, since I never shoot people it was good practice.

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

and just for good measure one of the waterfall

DSC_0012-2.jpg

wow there are some great photos in here.

I have a canon 450d and just shoot in auto cause i just get so confused with aperture and shutter speeds. But the last week , i have decided that i need to learn. There is some great info on here.

Ash you mentioned this

A good place to start is to set your camera at 400 ISO, Av of 5.6 and sit one of your kids on the ground in a shady spot outside (if you can be in the shade also, it will help). You stay standing and shoot from above and have your child looking into the camera. This should give you good depth of field and nice catch lights in your subject's eyes.

so i am gpoing to give this a go today.

tlc - your waterfall shot is quite nice, but next time use a tripor or find something solid for it to rest on and also use the timer to take the photo. There's a touch of camera shake there. However, it's nicely composed and there is definitely a great sense of movement in the image.

mcosta (and everyone else) portraits are most flattering when they are shot at a focal length of 50mm or more and from slightly further away. You can go less than 50mm if you have to, but if you do, try not to go too much under 35mm as you then get unflattering distortion (although some people do wide angle close ups for fun).

It's all trial and error :laugh: