November Challenge

tlc

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The portrait, dog and landscape pics over the last few pages are lovely.

A sea bird landing on the open ocean 2 Saturdays ago. It's a black petrel, the ocean was so blue, there was even plankton on top of it in some parts.

Black petrel or Parkinson's petrel, which breeds on only 2 islands in New Zealand and then travels as far as Galapagos Islands and Peru. It's conservation status is listed as "vulnerable".

It felt quite weird having these big seabirds fly in, like nothing I've seen before. I'll definitely go out again, even though I felt like chucking on the way out, got to find my sea legs!

4139369081_59c752e8fb.jpg

Edited by Ripley

Thanks JS. I am a bit overwhelmed with how many pics I have to edit but have culled all the ones that aren't sharp enough and reduced them down to a manageable level. It's hard not to get trigger happy with the shutter when unexpected wildlife show up. Thank god for IS lenses, I got a few bruises from crashing into things trying to steady myself. :rofl: I just wanted to jump in the big blue there too, a professor on board did just that :rofl:

The portrait, dog and landscape pics over the last few pages are lovely.

A sea bird landing on the open ocean 2 Saturdays ago. It's a black petrel, the ocean was so blue, there was even plankton on top of it in some parts.

Black petrel or Parkinson's petrel, which breeds on only 2 islands in New Zealand and then travels as far as Galapagos Islands and Peru. It's conservation status is listed as "vulnerable".

It felt quite weird having these big seabirds fly in, like nothing I've seen before. I'll definitely go out again, even though I felt like chucking on the way out, got to find my sea legs!

4139369081_59c752e8fb.jpg

This is beautiful!!

Kate Moss ( aka Sessy ) warming up for our Christmas pics. She's as surly as ever and there's no chance of my Christmas cards having a pic on them , where she looks impressed :rofl:

Wait 'til I put those antlers on her and a santa suit :rofl:

IMG_6933.jpg

Great photo, love the scarf

These are the products from course projects, where DOL has helped me out graciously. :rofl:

Disorder.... I think this image scares Dis, :rofl: but this was so perfect and the look I was after, and really appreciate her help with it.

4125854303_a199a0ec7d.jpg

Great photos, especially this last one. What course are you doing?

Well I finally took some photos this month of Jaffa who is nearly 2 and I haven't even taken a proper photo of yet, so I am going to show some off - I think my photography block is coming to an end

4142220002_e07dcfe765.jpg

4142219454_e2a12a0d04_o.jpg

Edited by helen

I dont really like photos that look like they are posed.

Some friends came over today with their little man Harvey. He's such a gorgeous boy to photograph.

I never would have set this shot up but whilst taking his photo I paused to chat to my friend and looked back to see THIS!!

Not even 2 years old and he's workin the camera!

4142376593_5a42d93319.jpg