November Challenge

tlc

Sorry Ash, I know you are so busy, but I do appreciate your time and knowledge

Just a quick thing, the numbers I think you are talking about go down to 2.8 and have a F in front of them

The other number has a " beside it and goes down to 0.6

and I have some numbers that go from 0.0 to 2.0 and have a - and + in front of them,

The first ones are aperture settings???

Will try with your help tomorrow, thanks again :laugh:

Yep - the f-stop (the ones with the f in front) are the aperture numbers. :eek:

The little level that goes from 0.0 to 2.0 and have the - and + in front is your exposure meter. In theory, if the little light is on 0, your image is correctly exposed, if it is in the + range, it will be overexposed, in the - range it will be underexposed.

As I said though, that's in theory. There are times when it will be incorrect such as when photographing an all black or all white subject, also there are times when you will overexpose or underexpose on purpose. But that's a little bit down the track.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLAB I remember him when he was a puppy :confused: great shot, I am so jealous.

THanks ASH, just one more question, does my subject have to be standing/sitting still

THanks ASH, just one more question, does my subject have to be standing/sitting still

For a portrait, being still makes it a whole lot easier.

ETA: Though if they aren't completely still, you might be able to still get something you like.

Edited by Ashanali

I am going away for a few weeks so shall post a few from the weekend to tide me over. I got my family into the studio to do some photos... I should have guessed that they weren't going to act normal. :confused: They are so embarrassing.

My parents being stoopid. Dad is wearing the 3D glasses from when we went to see the movie "Up!"

4069659169_2b2ca844fe_o.jpg

Edited by Pointeeblab

Ok this was not taken this month but it's my favourite portrait of Leia so I thought I'd share it anyway. :rofl:

Leia_portrait.jpg

Here is one from today...portrait of a dragon fly. :rofl: Was using totally the wrong lens for this but only had a sec to grab the shot.

IMG_0444.jpg