November Challenge

tlc

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lost, do I need a proper camera this month?

Huga - just set your camera to portrait mode for portraits. Alternatively I do have the old pentax DSLR sitting here gathering dust if you'd like to play with that? Seriously, it doesn't get used otherwise.

Huga - just set your camera to portrait mode for portraits. Alternatively I do have the old pentax DSLR sitting here gathering dust if you'd like to play with that? Seriously, it doesn't get used otherwise.

Hmmmm... maybe next time we cross paths? I would love to have a go :p

Hmmmm... maybe next time we cross paths? I would love to have a go :p

no problemo :laugh:

I am going away for a few weeks so shall post a few from the weekend to tide me over. I got my family into the studio to do some photos... I should have guessed that they weren't going to act normal. :( They are so embarrassing.

My parents being stoopid. Dad is wearing the 3D glasses from when we went to see the movie "Up!"

4069659169_2b2ca844fe_o.jpg

I LOVE this. Wonderful shot.

I'm inspired to get back to photography now!!!

I used to do it (weddings etc) in the early 80's with a minolta and let it all go when I had kids etc., life just went by.

Now I am trying to relearn with digital and very unsuccessful. RElly need to get back to understanding and remembering what I am doing :rofl:

So this is an incredibly helpful thread and I will 'start' next month (finish uni etc by then)

I have a camera that I have not even looked at the manual for, or used much at all :p

It is a canon 40D. Any help much appreciated.

I've only ever used it on auto, and if I get a good shot, it's rare! I have a LOT to catch up with.

Ash, can I ask if you did photography at uni? or where you learnt? You photos are truly amazing and inspirational. :laugh:

I have a camera that I have not even looked at the manual for, or used much at all :laugh:

I've only ever used it on auto, and if I get a good shot, it's rare! I have a LOT to catch up with.

Go the 40D!!! :p (that's what I have)

I have a camera that I have not even looked at the manual for, or used much at all :laugh:

Go the 40D!!! :p (that's what I have)

My OH and I used to have a 40D and a 5D but we recently upgraded the 40D to a 1DsII so that we could both have full frame.

40D is a brilliant camera, lovely big display, feels nice in the hands, and so easy to use. In many ways it was nicer to use than our new camera. I gave it to my mum as her old canon had broken.

Monah what lenses do you have access to?