Canine Disc Dog - Victoria

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking into this off forum and once again im in the wrong darn state. I would be interested though so depending on when and which day of the week, ROAD TRIP. :laugh:

Damian is organising clinics in NSW and Vic.

He would love to know where exactly to hold clinics and if anyone is interested in helping set up the clinic, that would be great.

Liz

I have been looking into this off forum and once again im in the wrong darn state. I would be interested though so depending on when and which day of the week, ROAD TRIP. :laugh:

Damian is organising clinics in NSW and Vic.

He would love to know where exactly to hold clinics and if anyone is interested in helping set up the clinic, that would be great.

Liz

Hi Liz

I am in NSW and although its a fair hike for me (much closer than VIC though) I guess Sydney would be the best bet. Dogs NSW have their grounds at Erskine Park and I am pretty sure that the grounds can be hired.

I would be interested with my Border Collies as well :laugh:. Both love playing frisbee & are quite good at it, but i need help with my throwing skills (well lack of :thumbsup: ).

I can provide accomodation in Melbourne if he needs it, there are plenty of ovals around in Melbourne and also KCC Park has a huge area out the back. Berwick Obedience Dog Club has two fenced in areas as well as two other ovals, heaps of space. I think Berwick Obedience Dog Club would be the best venue, due to having two high fenced areas.

Edited by whatevah

I would be interested with my Border Collies as well :laugh: . Both love playing frisbee & are quite good at it, but i need help with my throwing skills (well lack of :thumbsup: ).

Once the dog knows how to fetch, it really is improving the handling skills - for consistent long throws and consistent height etc. It's the throwing that needs the practice and what we need to work on.

It's a lot of fun but like all sports does need training.

Liz

I would be interested with my Border Collies as well :) . Both love playing frisbee & are quite good at it, but i need help with my throwing skills (well lack of :hug: ).

Once the dog knows how to fetch, it really is improving the handling skills - for consistent long throws and consistent height etc. It's the throwing that needs the practice and what we need to work on.

It's a lot of fun but like all sports does need training.

Liz

Thats exactly right. And i definitely want to improve my throwing skills for my dogs safety :).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Just letting you know that I have contacted Damian about doing a clinic in Sydney, NSW. Waiting for a response.

Cheers

Kate

PS Discs are availble at petswayhome.com Enter FREESHIP coupon code for free shipping.

post-32080-1269925934_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm the Secretary of the Brisbane Canine Disc Club, was the frisbee co-ordinator at WDG and have been doing national stuff with Damian.

Damian is swamped at the moment, so I am taking over organising the clinics down south. I will be talking with Damian on the weekend to see where he is at.

If anyone in NSW / Vic is interested in being the 'organiser' down there was well - in other words my contact for venue etc, please message me.

I'm hoping to have presenters and weekends organised very shortly. ;)

So don't panic - it is still happening and we are very keen to get it all running. :rofl:

The Canine Disc National Championships will be in Pine Rivers (Brisbane) on 9 and 10 October 2010 and the Qld State Championships will be on the Gold Coast on 5 September 2010 (run in conjunction with the Gold Coast Pet and Animal Expo). If anyone wants to travel up here with their dogs! :confused:

I will place information on DOL as soon as everything is confirmed.

Thanks for your patience and I look forward to the clinics coming up shortly! champagne.gif

Kind regards

Liz

Edited by jinkispirit

This sounds absolutely fantastic!!! I wish I had a dog that loved the frisbee :rofl:

For some dogs it takes alittle while, but with the right rewards, some who showed no interest can be trained to play.

LOL. Like this one.........

Seriously.

And I'm trying to get a weekend where Tony is available so he will be one of the instructors! Hopefully, I can persuade him ;-) :(