Bedlington Terrier

Troy

• 2 months later...

Hi PA,

Recent quotes I have had for a pup range from $1500 - $1800. With our next litter we will be asking $1000 which is up a bit on our previous prices but our costs have gone up a little in recent years.

In regards to HorseGals comments, rare and probably becoming rarer these days, a number of breeders seem to have stopped breeding and very few people are importing. Nearest imports are in NZ and total cost for pup and importation is around $3000 these days. If you are looking further afield and there is a Q requirement the cost 5 years ago was $6000.

Life span, our foundation bitch made 13 years, we still have a pup from her first litter just approaching 13 years now.

In regards to responsiveness/approrpriateness for children, we have one girl is does not like littlies at all, generally though we have found them to be very responsive to young children, some however are a little over-eager and this can result in scratches and "nips" particularly while the pups is still young.

Do-it-yourself grooming is going to work out much cheaper in the long run and can be done with just clippers and a bit of scissoring. A really "professional" job takes several hours and much scissoring. If you know someone who is familiar with the process pay for a few sessions and give it a go yourself. Use a #5 blade over most of the body, #30 or #40 (I prefer #40, less likely to catch fine edges of ears, etc.),and scissor in to blend.

If you are still grooming them AngelSun,

The landmarks I use on the face are top of ear to corner of eye, corner of eye to mouth, shave off lower jaw, for the throat, sternal notch to lower corner of ear. For the tassels, I try to have approx 2cm from the tip of the ear to the top of the triangle and 40 - 45 degree angle either side to the edge of the ear. I tend to leave the tassels as long as possible but you don't want them to appear "frayed" as they thin out.

Regards,