British Bulldog Prices?

rastus_froggy

A girl I work with is looking at buying a British Bulldog but has been shocked at the $2800 price tag the breeder was after, is this a normal sort of price or is it a bit high? It was PB with main register papers.

I have no real idea what they usually go for and told her I would ask here.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A girl I work with is looking at buying a British Bulldog but has been shocked at the $2800 price tag the breeder was after, is this a normal sort of price or is it a bit high? It was PB with main register papers.

What did she think she would have to pay?

Anyone who pays more than $2,500.00 for a Bulldog needs help. And even then that is way too much.

Any breeder who charges more than $2,500.00 better be offering a completely sound stunning show potential and breeding puppy.

And I know that some breeders do alot of health checks.

But that is only my opinion. What do I know?

Obviously money plays a huge part in some breeders programs

Not just with Bulldogs.

I always thought they were around $3000+

I hope to own a British one day and when that time comes I will definitely be sourcing out the second hand/used variety. $3000 is stupid imo.

I'm with you :)

I would of thought that pricing them so high would make them attractive to BYB who are after a quick buck

As much as I would love to own one, they are out of my price range, I could buy my daughter a cheap secondhand car for christmas with that

Initially I think she was thinking around the $1000 mark.

Initially I think she was thinking around the $1000 mark.

Maybe she hasn't inquired for a long time.

My son paid $1500 over 10 years ago.

But you get what you pay for and we still have him with us today.

My biggest gripe is that way too many are from BYB's, poorly bred and come with huge health probs.

Consequently many an unknowing buyer spends outrageous prices purchasing and within 5 years they are staring at their much loved canine friend in an urn.

Tell your friend to keep saving and research the breed carefully.

Then if she is still interested, buy from a reputable breeder and she should share many years of happiness with her chosen breed.

BB's are a pleasure to live with, they are delightful little clowns and will make you smile every day.