Off You Go, Bo

persephone

Bo was originally obtained by neighbours from a kelpie stud..to work sheep. She was more interested in roos ;) After a couple of years, the elderly man moved to town..and Bo went to another property.

She had a drizabone coat, a kennel/run, acres of lush lawn on which to run, but absolutely no direction. She turned into a 'street kid'- independent,aloof, and would work in her own fashion. There was a personality clash..and she was given to us one day..to shoot, actually.

I had always liked her- and thought we should make an effort...even tho we did not like red dogs :).

For a while- her life was totally in our hands..all food/drink/contact was by hand. It was hard work...but she came to see us as being worth looking at/communicating with :rofl:

Work? She would work hard... not exactly how we wanted, but as she aged, she got better .She had a lot of good points... and her hearing seemed to improve :rofl:

She had one litter of pups, and her daughter, grand daughter and great granddaughter are the mainstay of our workers.

AS she got older,and couldn't work much, she was still helpful for me- in that she LOVED catching the sheep I needed to treat for flystrike, or other problems. I am at a loss now- none of the others will listen to me :) She was good company in her retirement :)

She was always strictly a worker..not a pet, but much appreciated.

In the past year, eyesight failed a lot, and when she started to not bark at the night time roos, and became very uninterested in food..we knew time was short. The other day she injured a leg, and it was an easy decision to send her off away....over the bridge....where she can run as wide and as fast as she likes again :wave:

Age is unsure, but around 15 I think.

R I P Bo

Good Girl.

;) Have a good time in the 'big paddock' old girl.

Hugs to you Persephone, its been a hard couple of years losing your beloved oldies :)

I bet animals are lining up on the 'other side' to be born or wander into your place :) where they have a job and are loved.

fifi

Thanks folks... she certainly was a character! Thank heaven age settled her fiery nature down somewhat :love: Tho it was only a few months ago she got into a brawl over a couple of bikkies, and ended up with a couple of holes in her face .... the spirit was willing...but the reflexes were waay off!

Edited by persephone

:rainbowbridge: Bo make those roo run real fast honey. Thank you for giving Persephone some wonderful memories over the years. Run fee young lady. :love: Edited by Ams

• 2 weeks later...