Puppy Is Sick After All!

keels

i hope all goes well for you and middie it is a horrible feeling when you cant do anything to help the poor lil buggers (well you have helped by taking him to the vet!!!)

and they cant tell you exactly whats wrong.....

fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

kathryne

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, he definitely isn't happy when vet examines him, still very tense when she tries, and very shaky and looks like he is in pain. :thumbsup:

I'm waiting on vet to ring back still.

they're keeping him overnight tonight again on the iv, and taking xrays i think now cos he's been given the barium today.

Apparently he hasn't completely emptied his bowel, still some left in there, so could be a partial obstruction.

She said it could be that some of his bowel has been pushed down into another bit, but it didn't look like it.

I just wish we knew what was going on!! It's so terrible not knowing what the problem is.

And we keep on racking our brains to work out what we could have left around for him to swallow.

I keep annoying the vets ringing up to find out whats wrong!!

Poor little guy, he hasn't had a very good start to everything has he?

Gee I hope Middie is ok, this is a BAD week for some dol people.....

Pay no attention to what others think of your worrying, no-one at my work understands why I have to be at home when my Jintas sick. Jintas my baby, and I dont care what anyone says!!!! call me kooky....

comon Middie, get well, your mummy needs you home!!!! :thumbsup:

Still no news.

Vet didn't ring last night, so I'm going to ring at 9:01 this morning! ;) to L.B.

I can't sleep!!!

I guess no news is good news. :thumbsup: hmmm.... maybe.

Had a big cry last night when we went upstairs to bed and saw his little (well it's actually massive with a divider in the middle!!) crate beside the bed, it just set me off!!

We were wondering though...... what happens at the vets at night??? Do they just turn the lights off lock the door and go home?

Or does someone watch the dogs there or whats the go?? If they leave them there by themselves what if something happens, do they just ring you up in the morning and go sorry, your dog died last night??

(Not that I think that's going to happen to Middie, just curious??)

keels Posted on 17th Dec 2004 - 06:28 AM

We were wondering though...... what happens at the vets at night??? Do they just turn the lights off lock the door and go home?

Or does someone watch the dogs there or whats the go?? If they leave them there by themselves 

I can only tell you from my experiences that some vets have staff that sleep onsite (in shifts) and some take the animal home with them.

Well I just rung, and they've taken x-rays last night and x-rays again this morning, and the barium appears to be passing fine with no blockage.

She also said he appears to be looking a little better, so they will make a decision today as to whether he will be released to come home.

So i have to ring them at 3:30 to see whether we can go pick him up.

My question is - what is wrong with him???

As much as I want him to come home, I don't want him to come home and have us feed him and the same thing happens!!

Oh well, I guess at least if he's at home he'll feel a bit happier, and I'll be keeping a very concerned eye on him anyway!!

He has not been around cling wrap or plastic bags has he? Years ago we had a pup next door that had this problem they had to explore and they found a ball of cling wrap that was partiially obstucting but did not appear on the x-ray.

Not trying to worry you but asking you to cast you mind back.

I do hope this is all over for the poor tyke.

Yeah we've been trying to work out what it could be.

No cling wrap or plastic bags at home, but work is in a house which backs on to the railway traks, so sometimes rubbish blows in here. And mum and dad live next door to the primary school, so he could have picked up something thats blown over the fence when he's been there.

And he was out on a farm at camden just before he started feeling ill, so he could have very well picked up something plasticy and any of those places!

Middie is coming home!

Yay!

Just rung, and she told me to come down and get him at about quarter past 6 cos they'll be finished with appointments by then.

Yay!

But i still wish we knew what was wrong with him??

Oh well, i'm gonna ask the vet when we go down.