Tammy The 19yo Kelpie X From Canterbury Pound

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry: I just read your story through and they brought me many smiles, even though I knew my reading this would end in tears.

Glad you both had the last couple of years together. it sounds as though you were as blessed as each other. :hug:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some fond memories of handing out treats at Caz's place... nearly lost my fingers a few times due to Tammy's enthusiasm... *grin*

I think Tammy has touched quite a few hearts around here... and will always have a special place in those who met her.

I must go now... my eyes are leaking... *sob*

T.

How incredibly grateful I am to have had her in my life, my queen bee, our nana, our old fart :o She has taught us all so much, given us so many laughs and evoked tenderness and admiration from the toughest of people.

I am a shattered mess of tears. Run free my beautiful girl and thankyou for sharing your last years with us,you were a true blessing.

:rainbowbridge:

Tammy was truly Queen of the Grandma Dogs who challenged every rule of being elderly. She was amazing how she brought joy, laughter and admiration to her family. And managed to win everyone's hearts.

I can just see Tammy getting to the other end of the Rainbow Bridge.....& making it clear she's arrived. And, by golly, God had better have every comfort ready for her!

My deepest sympathy on your loss, Caz.....but what a wonderful life you gave this great (I can't use the word 'old'!) girl.

Edited by mita

Thankyou so much for your kind words and hugs everyone, can't tell you how much they are appreciated. She was an amazing old lady who touched many hearts thats for sure.

I will be ever grateful that she came my way.

So many funny and surprising antics to remember and make me smile

I love you my Tam Tam and always will.

Oh Caz there are so many times over the last couple of months I've gone to email you and see what's happening with you and the kids (skin and fur). Having lost my old girl last year I know all the little demands they make and quirks they have and how empty the place can feel when they are gone. She had such a long life and lived every minute of it with you. I'm glad you had two years with her and that her life was prolonged by simply coming to join your brood. In time you will be able to think about her without the tears. We just don't get them for as long as we'd like.

Big hugs to you. Run free old girl!

Alyson

xxx

Oh Caz :cry:

Tammy was a wonderful old lady - such a funny madam. I am pleased I had the pleasure of meeting her briefly and I saw how well loved she was and how wonderfully she fitted into your awesome pack. Thank you for all you did for her.

I admit I had a giggle reading through the memories that others have of her - they all involve food! My memory of meeting her does too - watching her scrambling to get to the dog treats, knowing exactly where they were even though she couldn't see them, and telling you off when she wanted another. :laugh:

Edited by CBL

One time when I was visiting Caz, Tammy got into my bag of treats that was (I thought) secure in my backpack.... she may not have been able to see much, but she had the BEST nose! Hahaha! I always put my bag up out of her reach when visiting after that... the treats were supposed to be shared with everyone, not only for Tammy - but she definitely thought otherwise...

Tammy - you will be missed sorely by everyone you met. A very special girl indeed!

T.

:cry: Oh Cazstaff my heart sank when i saw your update. I am so so sorry.

RIP beautiful old girl, you were one heck of a lucky dog in the end.