Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

So...............I thought I may as well start the thread and we can see how it goes and how long it takes to get lost in the ether :rofl: :D

I dont actually have any news as such, but Im sure others do.............

My only exciting news is that the company I work for is actually shutting down for TWO weeks over Christmas and New Year. :laugh::shrug: I am so looking forward to having a little break. Not going anywhere, but just being home will be nice!

I may also be going to the Cannington Greyhounds in a couple of weeks for our dog club Christmas "do"! Ive always wanted to go!

Rat

Edited by Lab_Rat

Um..should this be in Off Topic? :laugh:

No..........this is for WA based doggy stuff - as it was decided that having state threads was a bit excess. Its a follow on from a thread we had in the show section :shrug:

Thanks Longclaw - dont worry, Ive been eyeing off greys as our next big dogs for a while!

Rat

Yay WA :) Is that Seadogs Breakfast thing this weekend? Or next?

I think it's good to have a WA thread for all our results/ dog news.. The 'dog' community of WA isn't very big so most people here participate in multiple sports and showing so it will be nice to have a place to all keep track of each other and ask state related questions. I have one that seems too stupid to start a topic for too.. Is the Western Classic a show that you have to qualify for? Is thier any other shows you have to qualify for? (Just doing my calender for next year and working out when I can show)

Hahaha I am an honorary Dog Sports Western Australian - its my second trialling home and my special little Western Australian bred BC is suppose to be my future dog sport expert - well when her mum can be bothered training :) .

Will it be a big mistake going to Western Classic for my second show and without having had many (if any since pup will be just over 3 months) formal show lessons prior? :) I am scared since it will be the first time a few people have seen the beed showing for a while I might embarass the whole breed!

Also do many people go down to the Geraldton/Albany and Bunbury shows in Febuary?

Guest belgian.blue
Also do many people go down to the Geraldton/Albany and Bunbury shows in Febuary?

I could be interested in the Bunbury show!? Where do I find more info?

Are well behaved non-showing dogs allowed to attend?

Well Lincoln will be 12 weeks on Febuary 3 so hopefully I will be eligable, the shows I am referring to is on the 7th of Febuary and it is an open show. Thier is also a show in Albany the next weekend. How far ia Albany from Bunbury? (Or Dunsbrough if you know... am evily plotting to spend a whole week down south staying with cousins and aunties :) )

I could be interested in the Bunbury show!? Where do I find more info?

Are well behaved non-showing dogs allowed to attend?

Hello fellow West Aussies :hug:

I haven't shown or trialled for a while, but do love to keep up with what is going on!

I think Albany is just over a 100kms from Bunbury, but your best friend will be Googles maps in this case.

More bloody lightening! I will be off line shortly - I am sure we will have no power again tonight! Last time the power pole got a direct hit from lightening.

Cool, two pages already! Welcome Sandgropers!!

Valley - the Western Classics are great shows to enter - lots of stuff happening over a short period of time!! It was one of the first weekends I entered my girl into when I was showing her! Its a great busy weekend.

Roughly measured (with my pinkie in the phone book :hug::cry: ) Albany is about 300ks from Bunbury, depending on which road you go I think. Coast or Inland. Both are nice drives!

Belgian - well behaved, non showing dogs are welcome to dog shows!

Good luck with the storms RnL! Im over thunder and lightning already.....

Rat

Hmmmm RnL I might have to do it if you can visit so that you can meet my Chessie boy like you said you wanted too.. :cry: I was thinking it would be quicker to travel to Albany from Bunbury but apparently (source: my dad :hug: ) it's not that much difference from Albany to Perth.

Hello fellow West Aussies :cry:

I haven't shown or trialled for a while, but do love to keep up with what is going on!

I think Albany is just over a 100kms from Bunbury, but your best friend will be Googles maps in this case.

More bloody lightening! I will be off line shortly - I am sure we will have no power again tonight! Last time the power pole got a direct hit from lightening.