Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

hey guys, just a reminder since ur all in WA.

just because summer is over please still be aware of the deadly sea slugs. especially when ur dog is sniffing at the seaweed.

i know too well after loosing my 5month husky.

R.I.P duke

Oh gosh so sorry for your loss! :) I haven't heard of them, perhaps I need to do my research. Thanks for the reminder. Your pup was beautiful :D

Edited by RubyStar

just because summer is over please still be aware of the deadly sea slugs. especially when ur dog is sniffing at the seaweed.

R.I.P duke

Oh gosh so sorry for your loss! :) I haven't heard of them, perhaps I need to do my research. Thanks for the reminder. Your pup was beautiful :D

thanks ruby star. its worth looking up, they are only mainly in WA during summer. they are so toxic that vets have had dogs of all ages dying from a simple sniff, lick or digestion.

they smell very attractive to dogs. in my case he ate it and at the time it must have been very old because it just looked like seaweed. not knowing what it was at the time it wasnt untill 30mins later his eyes were trembling profusly and convusing. it have taken over his nervous system and wasnt able to function with the amount of shaking.

despite all the vets efforts of hours trying to beat it he passed away. thats when the vets told us he never really stood a chance and even if he didnt eat it he most likely wouldnt have made it.

post-34462-1272383970_thumb.jpg

R.I.P duke

Absolutley hearthbreaking for you ruski I'm sure :cheer:

So gorgeous and so young, RIP Duke :rofl:

I haven't heard of sea slugs either and we are often at the beach. WIll go do some research also, thank you for the warning.

That sounds like the best rocky road ever!!

I don't like peanuts or coconut in it either, and I usually chop up a bag of snakes and add it in :rofl: Health food!

I chop up a bag of red rasberries lollies. :cheer:

That is so sad about Duke, I didn't even know there was such a thing as sea slugs! RIP Duke :cheer:

R.I.P duke

Absolutley hearthbreaking for you ruski I'm sure :cheer:

So gorgeous and so young, RIP Duke :rofl:

I haven't heard of sea slugs either and we are often at the beach. WIll go do some research also, thank you for the warning.

RIP Duke, I will also need to do some research on this as I often take my boy to the beach, when did this happen to Duke?

Am quite disappointed I see that the 2nd order of I-squeaks has now been cancelled by the organiser.... I only have one working one left. :rofl: The guy who owns the pet store here by us is very friendly, he may be able to order me some I guess.

Am quite disappointed I see that the 2nd order of I-squeaks has now been cancelled by the organiser.... I only have one working one left. :cheer: The guy who owns the pet store here by us is very friendly, he may be able to order me some I guess.

I heard a rumor that Ptolomy may be doing a round 2. :rofl: Not sure how soon it is. If not we can always do a WA only order just because it will be easier to control payments and distribute them.

R.I.P duke

Oh gosh so sorry for your loss! :laugh: I haven't heard of them, perhaps I need to do my research. Thanks for the reminder. Your pup was beautiful :rofl:

thanks ruby star. its worth looking up, they are only mainly in WA during summer. they are so toxic that vets have had dogs of all ages dying from a simple sniff, lick or digestion.

they smell very attractive to dogs. in my case he ate it and at the time it must have been very old because it just looked like seaweed. not knowing what it was at the time it wasnt untill 30mins later his eyes were trembling profusly and convusing. it have taken over his nervous system and wasnt able to function with the amount of shaking.

despite all the vets efforts of hours trying to beat it he passed away. thats when the vets told us he never really stood a chance and even if he didnt eat it he most likely wouldnt have made it.

Oh Ruski18 I'm so sorry, he was a beautiful pup,sending you hugs at this sad time. I too had no idea about these sea slug things, thankyou for the warning. If you don't mind me asking what beach were you on?

We have always opted for the beach in Summer because we figured it was safer, now might have to look at our options.

RIP little one, enjoy playing at Rainbow bridge until you are reunited with your family again.

Am quite disappointed I see that the 2nd order of I-squeaks has now been cancelled by the organiser.... I only have one working one left. :rofl: The guy who owns the pet store here by us is very friendly, he may be able to order me some I guess.

I heard a rumor that Ptolomy may be doing a round 2. :laugh: Not sure how soon it is. If not we can always do a WA only order just because it will be easier to control payments and distribute them.

Hey let me know if you guys decide to put an order in I have a huge wish list. Not that I will be getting it all, but certainly wouldn't mind getting a couple of things of my list, mind you if I win lotto I'll get it ALL! :rofl:

If you win Lotto you can shout us all a Clean Run order :mad:laugh::rofl:

I do have some things on the wish list but need more money before I can place an order, but I know to let you know when/if that time comes, ozjen :rofl:

It's a Canine News worth framing, eh girls?! :mad:rofl:

How about obedience VCBR, many of those? I am having withdrawals :laugh::rofl: Will have to read my copy tonight (if it's arrived!)

5 obidience trials in the metro area.

Also for showies we have quite a few shows with interstate judges and one with international judges!

It's a Canine News worth framing, eh girls?! :mad:rofl:

How about obedience VCBR, many of those? I am having withdrawals :laugh::rofl: Will have to read my copy tonight (if it's arrived!)

5 obidience trials in the metro area.

Wow, you're going to be busy RS!!