Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Aww congrats GR.:) puppy cuddles, :D Rosie is 1yr in a fortnight so puppy breath is long gone but puppy brain lingers........ :thumbsup: Hi everyone :thumbsup: I always forget about this thread *note to self* - "come in and say Hi, very often!" :thumbsup:

I am at high powered meeting with executives on Wednesday in the City - 9.30 and my mobile phone rings - so i excuse myself (first problem is I don't know how to turn my mobile phone off!), anyway to cut a long story short, its my neighbour telling me that Lexi has escaped and is standing in the middle of the road and she can't catch her :laugh: . This made it the 3rd day running that she had managed to get out of the back yard. Neighbour - bless her fills her pockets with Tucker Time and goes in pursuit of Lex and eventually manages to coax her into her lougeroom before slamming the door closed. Neighbour goes off and pours herself a stiff drink, I wipe the sweat of my forehead and casually walk back into my meeting and crisis averted.

I still have no idea how Lexi is getting out, assuming that she is going over the fence, this is a dog that knocks bars when jumping 400, apparantly she managed to scale the neighbours freezer when somebody came to her front door. So $200 and 2 trips to Bunnings later I have now added a lattice structure to the top of the fence and I am hoping that will do the trick.

Aww Ptolomy how scary! :hug: Fingers crossed for you Lexi can't get out anymore.

On another note does anyone want a new dog? Free to good home a 14 year old girl called Lilly, she has the awesome habit of using her bucket cone to poke peoples legs and make doors slam on you or your fingers and superpowers to avoid swallowing tablets, since she is missing a few teeth, has a crafy mind and nimble tounge she is an expert at quickly removing the food around a tablet, spitting the tablet out the side between her teeth and swallowing the food leading you to think that she swalloed the tablet only to spot it rattaling around in her cone. And don't even try the old fashioned way of opening the mouth wide and sticking down the back of the throat or you will lose fingers in the scuffle. What an exciting dog, she only needs 2 tablets twice a day so the excitement is limited, but for futher excitement you can break the tablet into small pieces which is just as ineffective. :laugh:

GR - :D :hug: :D and :laugh: little ones!!

RS I'll handle your aussie!! although i think Mirawee would do a better job... i'll probably run it around like i do with an OES :) I really do like Aussies, they are gorgeous, but I am biased when it comes to setters nothing beats them (for me, of course! You can never help the breed you love). Still, I do start feeling a bit mad when they start their naughty habits at 6 months or so, but then experience says they'll stop and settle down at 14-16 months and then they are back to beautiful, gentlemen by nature (except for Spartan, sometimes :))

but, just cos i can...

n613624324_2531290_4707532-1.jpg

jim2.jpgjim1.jpg

SANY0645.jpg

24946_383173099324_613624324_513790.jpg

8833_175462580259_712060259_4168395.jpg

22-04-200920045-1.jpg

small100_0730.jpg

small100_0729.jpg

000_0699.jpg

LOL at ValleyCBR poor Lilly she's just being a troublesome old lady :hug:

Ptolomy gees that is a bit scary!! so lucky that your neighbour was so helpful and caring.

GR - those are nice names. i bet as you get to know him you'll work our just what will suit him :D I had my names picked out for Spartan and James waaaaaaaaaay in advance... but Ari i had two names picked out and picked the one that suited her more... funnily enough i can't even remember the other name now, such that Ari's name suits her so well.

Joelle :laugh: come back soon!!

I am such a loser for picking out names way in advance, for me it helps build the excitement. Lincoln was pretty close to ending up a Knox or a Theodore which I don't think would suit him at all! I already have a name on the back of my head I would like for my next dog and a fair idea of what I would call kids should I ever have one :laugh:.

When I was a little kid I always wanted a white girl retriever called Jo. Maybe one day... (except now I know it would have to be an Ash Chessie, really light gold Goldie or really lightyellow lab)

So $200 and 2 trips to Bunnings later I have now added a lattice structure to the top of the fence and I am hoping that will do the trick.

oh I do hope so, you must be going demented with worry.

Love those photos Sparky :laugh:

8833_175462580259_712060259_4168395.jpg

:laugh::hug: That is a classic!

"Hey Man, this music is reaaally cooool!!" Bop bop bop (I can just see the head bobbing back and forth! :D

I cacked myself at this picture, too :D

So that is awesome, if I ever get an Aussie to show, I have 2 handlers already lined up :) But does that mean I have to be the one to teach it to stack? No idea how to do that and what a proper stack should look like :)

I am such a loser for picking out names way in advance, for me it helps build the excitement. Lincoln was pretty close to ending up a Knox or a Theodore which I don't think would suit him at all! I already have a name on the back of my head I would like for my next dog and a fair idea of what I would call kids should I ever have one :hug:.

When I was a little kid I always wanted a white girl retriever called Jo. Maybe one day... (except now I know it would have to be an Ash Chessie, really light gold Goldie or really lightyellow lab)

Go the light yellow Lab :) I always wanted a whitish yellow Lab, Ruby was too dark for my liking in the beginning, but just love her colour now and quite obviously wouldn't change her for the world!

I had wanted a light coloured yellow Lab girl since I was in early high school, and had the name Bella picked out. Fast forward to waiting for my yellow girl to be conceived, my sister announces if she ever has a little girl, she is naming her Isabella. So I wasn't allowed to use Bella for my dog :D Mum suggested Ruby and instantly I knew that was the perfect name! (at that stage I had rarely heard it being used, now every Tom, Dick and Harry has called their dog [or child] Ruby! :laugh: Not that I have rights to that name, just I thought it was a rare name at the time! :D)

Funnily enough, I've had my kids names picked out since in high school, too, but I :D now at the thought of having kids! :)

I still have no idea for a name for my next puppy. I hate not having any that stand out to me!

hey Valley you could get a working line English Setter - they are white...ish and they retrieve!!

Sugar.jpg

Toller sized!!

Wow I wouldn't have picked that as an ES! I recognise the "freckles" on its back but the face looks different! I think I like the show ones too in that case... but I do find it strange that within many breeds there are such vast differences between working and show bred dogs. They are the same breed, why can't they look the same and perform the same :laugh:

yes the debate between show and working lines is a very live one!! I don't love the working line ES... they have been bred very specifically to work, are more highly strung than the show lines and to me, just not a true english... their 12 o'clock tails don't thrill me either :laugh: I really like it when there are breeds where you can not really tell the difference between work and show... chessies, Weimaraners, GSPs, Viz, tollers... apart from chessies there are subtle differences between those breeds, but it's not like looking at the setters and not being able to pick that they are the same breed!

yes the debate between show and working lines is a very live one!! I don't love the working line ES... they have been bred very specifically to work, are more highly strung than the show lines and to me, just not a true english... their 12 o'clock tails don't thrill me either :o I really like it when there are breeds where you can not really tell the difference between work and show... chessies, Weimaraners, GSPs, Viz, tollers... apart from chessies there are subtle differences between those breeds, but it's not like looking at the setters and not being able to pick that they are the same breed!

:laugh: I agree 100% I would find it very hard to own a dog that was not dual purpose, it saves a lot of debate. :rofl:

yes the debate between show and working lines is a very live one!! I don't love the working line ES... they have been bred very specifically to work, are more highly strung than the show lines and to me, just not a true english... their 12 o'clock tails don't thrill me either :o I really like it when there are breeds where you can not really tell the difference between work and show... chessies, Weimaraners, GSPs, Viz, tollers... apart from chessies there are subtle differences between those breeds, but it's not like looking at the setters and not being able to pick that they are the same breed!

:laugh: I agree 100% I would find it very hard to own a dog that was not dual purpose, it saves a lot of debate. :cheer:

Labs can be dual purpose, but you can always still tell the differences between show and true working dogs.... such a shame, though. I like a Lab that is a mix between the two if that makes any sense :rofl: