Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Have you considered Adenia Reserve in Riverton?

Bounded by Adenia Road, Duff Road and its northern prolongation to the Canning River Foreshore, the Canning River and the northern prolongation of Verdon Street. Its a fairly big grassed area and it has a BBQ with one picnic table. Its not right on the water, so you would have to walk them to the river if they are allowed a swim. There are trees along the boundary of the park, so you have shade, the road is a dead end and very quiet. Its just down from Riverton Shopping Centre

My Clean Run parcel arrived today! :) Well, the card did, so I rushed off to the post office before it closed to collect :birthday:

My cool coats are too big :cheer: I got the 24" for both of them. Ruby could have done with the 22" and Millie the 20". I had no idea before now that Millie's back was shorter :wave:

Getting the coat onto Millie to try on was a task and a half :) She freaks out when you try to dry her with a towel, I should have known trying to get a coat on her wouldn't be easy! Ruby just stands there like the princess she is :cheer:

The girls like the zap balls, too!

I am thinking of making another order, though ;) Getting a few Kong Wubbas. I have found Ruby likes to tug on them cos they also squeak! :)

Edited by RubyStar

Are they the saratoga ones - white with the trim? I purchased 2 of these a couple of years ago for my guys. They can be used either wet or dry. Dry they just reflect the heat. I usually wet mine down. They are actually very light. There's no problem with the drying out, you will probably actually find that you need to keep wetting them down when they are on the dog. I usually dunk them into a bucket of water, and often use a spray bottle to keep them damp. They do work well though. I have a ridgeback and a black Kelpie X.

What are the cool coats like ValleyCBR?? Kenz nearly collapsed again on me tonight at the park - unexpectedly warm and the real bugger with the silver eagle ones is the fact they take hours to dry.

Seems we will have a range of Coolcoats for people to try between vCBR's 18", Tiggy's 20", my 22" and RS's 24". I will have mine in the car tomorrow night at training if you want to try it on your girls RS :)

You guys will have to remind me closer to the time I invited you all up here ;) Would need to be either the second or 3rd weekend in Dec :wave: And earlier in the morning is probably better which I know is hard for some of you :) However I think it is going to be a long hot summer :)

Have you considered Adenia Reserve in Riverton?

Bounded by Adenia Road, Duff Road and its northern prolongation to the Canning River Foreshore, the Canning River and the northern prolongation of Verdon Street. Its a fairly big grassed area and it has a BBQ with one picnic table. Its not right on the water, so you would have to walk them to the river if they are allowed a swim. There are trees along the boundary of the park, so you have shade, the road is a dead end and very quiet. Its just down from Riverton Shopping Centre

I used to live over that way ans have never heard of this place ..... can you post a link? It sounds great! :)

Ah yep, thought so. Anyone know of any off lead places with a BBQ?

Nedlands foreshore ;)

Offlead dogs, grass, river, sand, BBQ's :)

Oh and lots of trees! Shade :wave:

Link? This one sounds good too! :)

Seems we will have a range of Coolcoats for people to try between vCBR's 18", Tiggy's 20", my 22" and RS's 24". I will have mine in the car tomorrow night at training if you want to try it on your girls RS :)

What time do you get to training? I don't have agility training tomorrow, it's only training for those trialling I hear, but I will be on the top oval til around 7pm or so doing some obedience. Would love to try the 22" on Ruby in case someone is selling theirs :) I don't fancy reordering any though, the girls will have to make do as I am trying to tell them that money doesn't grow on trees! At least they aren't in my backyard!

Edited by RubyStar

Nedlands foreshore ;)

Offlead dogs, grass, river, sand, BBQ's :)

Oh and lots of trees! Shade :wave:

Link? This one sounds good too! :)

Try this link:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-32.00105...,172.02,,0,0.14

and this:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-32.00098...=17&iwloc=A

Oh and the council's website says the following in regards to offlead dogs:

Dogs may be exercised on almost all reserves, unless they are in use for an organised sport. The exceptions are the:

Swanbourne Beach Reserve;

Infant Health Centre playground in Strickland St;

Hollywood Tennis Courts area and surrounds; and

Karella, Leura and Campsie St playgrounds.

The area posted above isn't one of these exceptions, so I think we are safe to do our offlead dog BBQ there :birthday: It is also a very lovely walk to do up the entire length of the foreshore. At one end is a secluded beach, and the other near the Uni, is a dog friendly outdoor cafe :)

Edited by RubyStar

Nedlands foreshore :eek:

Offlead dogs, grass, river, sand, BBQ's :heart:

Oh and lots of trees! Shade ;)

Link? This one sounds good too! :laugh:

Try this link:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-32.00105...,172.02,,0,0.14

and this:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-32.00098...=17&iwloc=A

Oh and the council's website says the following in regards to offlead dogs:

Dogs may be exercised on almost all reserves, unless they are in use for an organised sport. The exceptions are the:

Swanbourne Beach Reserve;

Infant Health Centre playground in Strickland St;

Hollywood Tennis Courts area and surrounds; and

Karella, Leura and Campsie St playgrounds.

The area posted above isn't one of these exceptions, so I think we are safe to do our offlead dog BBQ there :eek: It is also a very lovely walk to do up the entire length of the foreshore. At one end is a secluded beach, and the other near the Uni, is a dog friendly outdoor cafe :)

I really enjoyed our walk along there! I am in for the BBQ, we just have to find a date that suits most people.

What a beautiful day :) , I'm off to the polo club to do some training, back to work tomorrow :laugh: . I wish I could be a stay at home mum to my fur kids :heart: .

It is a lovely day, I just have a few things to do around the house and then will go do some training at the park over the road ;) I took Mason to Guildford on friday for his photo session, he had the best time!

What a beautiful day :eek: , I'm off to the polo club to do some training, back to work tomorrow ;) . I wish I could be a stay at home mum to my fur kids :heart: .

It is a lovely day, I just have a few things to do around the house and then will go do some training at the park over the road :eek: I took Mason to Guildford on friday for his photo session, he had the best time!

Pfft to both of you :laugh: I get to occasionally look out the window :)

RS, I am planning to be at training as close to 7pm as possible :eek: It can be hard for me to get there much before.

What a beautiful day ;) , I'm off to the polo club to do some training, back to work tomorrow :eek: . I wish I could be a stay at home mum to my fur kids :rofl: .

It is a lovely day, I just have a few things to do around the house and then will go do some training at the park over the road :) I took Mason to Guildford on friday for his photo session, he had the best time!

Pfft to both of you :eek: I get to occasionally look out the window ;)

RS, I am planning to be at training as close to 7pm as possible :rofl: It can be hard for me to get there much before.

Yes, pffft to them as well and a big fat :laugh:

At least you have a window, I don't! And to top it off, the aircon is bahluddy cooooold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!