Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

ok stepping into the WA thread been told to lol -waves to all-

Katie gorgeous pup look forward to more photos.

ok umm nothing much else to say some will have seen my post in other areas but if people want in intro just yell at me Im kind of a novice to this site :rofl:

I'm having a serious dilemma, here :eek:

Hoping the DOLers can help me decide on what to do. It's tearing me apart..... :(

I own 2 Labs. 2 very hairy Labs. 2 Labs that seem to be dropping more coat than usual (coming out of winter?) 2 Labs that I very much want to cuddle on the lounge at night.

I own a suede lounge that attracts all sorts of stuff, even if I put a blanket over it. I have never allowed Labbies on the lounge before :( Labbies know their place is on the floor on their own beds, but floor hurts my butt if I want to cuddle them and it doesn't seem practical.

Do I let them up on the lounge with me? :rofl: The second I let them up, Miss Moo will think she can come up anytime, even when I'm not on it. I would really need to coax Miss Roo into coming up, she doesn't know how to 'do' lounges!

How many others have a no lounge rule and what sort of breeds do you have? I know lots of you let your kids up, but I guess I'm interested to hear if I am the only freak who doesn't let them? :( Growing up with small dogs, they were always allowed up and even slept on my bed. But getting the Labs, the rules changed! :rofl:

:rofl: Bondi has learnt she is allowed on the lounge when it's just me and her at home, but not when the parents are around :( Although she has her own lounge in the spare room which she just goes and sits on on her own :( And she is allowed on my bed.

Welcome to the WA thread Simple :rofl:

Simple has good taste as she has ponies too... although her ponies are of the kind who run fast and win her money :(

RS, mine just go on the couch whenever they want :rofl: I have a leather lounge for that reason (plus they ate the last one and this one was cheap at a swap meet :( The arm has been eaten off this one but it hasn't gotten worse for a while :( )

Does anyone have a Canine News handy? I need to find mine :eek: If so, can you please tell me the closing dates for the agility trials in November :eek:

Hoping the DOLers can help me decide on what to do. It's tearing me apart..... :(

I own 2 Labs. 2 very hairy Labs. 2 Labs that seem to be dropping more coat than usual (coming out of winter?) 2 Labs that I very much want to cuddle on the lounge at night.

I own a suede lounge that attracts all sorts of stuff, even if I put a blanket over it. I have never allowed Labbies on the lounge before :( Labbies know their place is on the floor on their own beds, but floor hurts my butt if I want to cuddle them and it doesn't seem practical.

Do I let them up on the lounge with me? :rofl: The second I let them up, Miss Moo will think she can come up anytime, even when I'm not on it. I would really need to coax Miss Roo into coming up, she doesn't know how to 'do' lounges!

How many others have a no lounge rule and what sort of breeds do you have? I know lots of you let your kids up, but I guess I'm interested to hear if I am the only freak who doesn't let them? :( Growing up with small dogs, they were always allowed up and even slept on my bed. But getting the Labs, the rules changed! :rofl:

I let Mason up - he has a blanket on one side and he only sits there. Hair does get on other parts of the lounge that he does not sit on - think it floats in the air - I just vaccum the lounge when I do the carpet.

Does anyone have a Canine News handy? I need to find mine :( If so, can you please tell me the closing dates for the agility trials in November :(

Mine just happens to be on the lounge next to me :rofl:

PT&ODC 6/11 - closing date Monday 25th October

WCRC 13/11 - closing date Monday 25th October

SRAODC 27/11 - closing date Monday 15th November

I assume you don't want the one in Albany? :(

I let Mason up - he has a blanket on one side and he only sits there. Hair does get on other parts of the lounge that he does not sit on - think it floats in the air - I just vaccum the lounge when I do the carpet.

Yours is suede like mine - AND cream with a black dog :( I figure if you can handle Lab hair on yours, I should be able to! :(

Mine is a brown suede colour, so Ruby's shows up all the time even when she isn't allowed on it. It sticks to my clothes, floats in the air, etc. It isn't just the hair that bothers me, I have black dirt in the backyard where I haven't done that part of the garden yet and they like to lay in it, so they are very filthy dogs, too!! I bathed Ruby on Saturday and Monday she was as black as Mason :rofl:

:rofl: Bondi has learnt she is allowed on the lounge when it's just me and her at home, but not when the parents are around :( Although she has her own lounge in the spare room which she just goes and sits on on her own :eek: And she is allowed on my bed.

Sounds a bit like Millie but it was at my parents house and Dad would let her up but she would never get up when I was around, cos she knew I wouldn't let her :rofl:

RS, mine just go on the couch whenever they want :( I have a leather lounge for that reason (plus they ate the last one and this one was cheap at a swap meet :eek: The arm has been eaten off this one but it hasn't gotten worse for a while :( )

:rofl: I'd like to laugh but Millie ate mum and dad's lounge that I tried to keep her off but Dad kept undoing all my hard work and let her when I wasn't there. It took for her to eat it for Dad to realise it wasn't such a good idea :eek:

There isn't much chance of them eating this lounge. They aren't left inside when I'm not home and it's not made of foam covered in thin material like that lounge was!

Edited by RubyStar

thanks and as Mirawee said I have horses too. Race horses and my pleasure horses.

Live in sunny Port Hedland saving and scrimping our monies to eventually moved to Harvey or the likes in a few years. Have been saying this for a few years also lol but Im going back to work after a 5-6 yr break from having my daughter and starting her life.

Im currently dogless. Had to PTS my beautiful Amme just over a week ago (need to find someone to modify my sig as it looks like she is still with us) I had on order another pup from over east before she left us. Ive carried on with the order and got new photos yesterday.

So this is Bolt (daughter named him and I cant change her mind lol) his the one on the left. Will be offically paid for tomorrow. I dont get him till his 11 weeks old. He passed his hearing test today so thats a plus.

71804_111596725570232_100001597144730_86833_1170678_n.jpg

Does anyone have a Canine News handy? I need to find mine :eek: If so, can you please tell me the closing dates for the agility trials in November :(

Mine just happens to be on the lounge next to me :rofl:

PT&ODC 6/11 - closing date Monday 25th October

WCRC 13/11 - closing date Monday 25th October

SRAODC 27/11 - closing date Monday 15th November

I assume you don't want the one in Albany? :eek:

Thank you :rofl: So I have until Friday to decide whether to enter Banjo on the 13th...

And you are quite correct, I am not planning on going down to Albany :( The last time I tried (quite a few years ago now!) our car died less than an hour from Armadale in an area of no reception :( That has scarred me :rofl:

Get a Xolo!!

By the way Katie congrats on the new puppy!

Get a Xolo!!

:rofl: Yes, that would solve the hair problem!! :(

It's not just the hair problem, it's the fact that they won't understand (at least not right away) that it's an invite only thing.

A couple of years ago I was home sick from work for a week so one morning I let Ruby up on my bed with me, first time ever, for a quick 5 min cuddle (she couldn't lay down, she thought it was great so was bounding around the place before I booted her off). I tried it again 2 mornings later for 5 mins. Well, little miss decided one night when I put her to bed (in my room on the floor on her own bed) that she would take it upon herself to get up on my bed while I was off brushing my teeth. I get back to my room and she is sprawled out in all her glory on her back on my bed :( She got a nice telling off. Then she tried it again a couple of days later when I wasn't in my room. She hasn't tried since :eek: And here I was thinking she was smarter than that! Thought she'd understand it is invite only :rofl::(

I have my dogs on the sofa - always have a cotton quilt cover over it though and it gets washed regularly.

Otherwise get yourself a bean bag and sit on that (lot closer to the dogs on the floor) :rofl:

Bolt has to be the most handsome puppy here yet!! :( He is adorable! I think I'd like to swap!! :(

Great name for a BT too! :(

I never used to allow dogs on furniture....until I got Brookie! Somehow he managed to snuggle up and I relented. The funny thing is that Jasper my BC was never allowed on the lounge or bed....but.....when I'm not around he sneaks up. I have invited him up on the lounge when I'm sitting there but obviously early training sticks...not when I'm around!!!!!

I now have a lounge cover :eek:

Yours is suede like mine - AND cream with a black dog :laugh: I figure if you can handle Lab hair on yours, I should be able to! :curtsey:

Mine is a brown suede colour, so Ruby's shows up all the time even when she isn't allowed on it. It sticks to my clothes, floats in the air, etc. It isn't just the hair that bothers me, I have black dirt in the backyard where I haven't done that part of the garden yet and they like to lay in it, so they are very filthy dogs, too!! I bathed Ruby on Saturday and Monday she was as black as Mason :thumbsup:

I am lucky like that our yard is paving - grass and the gardening beds are all covered in tiny river stones so he is never really dirty. He also gets bathed 1x a week for allergies so he never smells. I hate dog smell in the house.