Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Sorry to hear about the loss of your hosr fetchingdogs, I recently had to put my aged Clydesdale mare down so I can fully sympathise.

My young 5 year old is lost without her so I am thinking it may be in his best interests to go and live at my frineds where he will have horsey friends and get some work. It breaks my heart, I bred him and have had him since day dot and we love each other, but it is breaking my heart that his is broken. I think horsey friends will help. No human love will ever make up for his lost equine friends I don't think. He has never been alone.

Yes even tho hOrses love their humans they need the company of other horses. They really do miss horsey company. I agisted at this place once where my horse was in a paddock on his own, he got so sad that i ended up moving him elsewhere.

From what I can work out Friday night doesn't appear to be a very big show. My kids are in group 3 and there number is 158 - my friend with the flatcoat is number 134 - which means not many labs and goldies and certainly not many in groups 1 and 2 by the looks.

I may be very wrong though :rofl: but we may be home before 9 :rofl:

Great stuff quicker the better!

Entries -

Group 1 - 67

Group 2 - 50

Group 3 - 52

Group 4 - 74

Group 5 - 67

Group 6 - 87

Group 7 - 79

I meant to send you a message, there is a water feature near my house with water flowing down rocks, it would be good practice for pics with slow shutter speeds :o

Sounds good :D I won't have the car for myself until MIL goes back though :rofl:

Sorry to hear about the loss of Juana fetchingdawgs :rofl: Hope Jimmy is ok in his new paddock.

Just got back from picking MIL up from the airport and picked up a dog on the way :rofl:

We spotted a little chihuahua type dog roaming across the Stirling highway by North Freo train station at about 2.30am :o Very friendly little boy, looks oldish and very over weight. His neck looks like he usually wears a collar, but not one on him when found. I guess it's off to the pound with him in the morning :D He's sleeping on a cosy bed in a crate on the veranda at the moment, separated from my two.

Hope someone is looking for him and he's not been dumped due to his age :)

Actually what's the procedure? Should I take him to a vet first to scan him, or do I have to take him straight to the pound :rofl:

Off to bed now as it's 3.40am......

Edited by CrazyCresties

Just got back from picking MIL up from the airport and picked up a dog on the way :o

We spotted a little chihuahua type dog roaming across the Stirling highway by North Freo train station at about 2.30am :D Very friendly little boy, looks oldish and very over weight. His neck looks like he usually wears a collar, but not one on him when found. I guess it's off to the pound with him in the morning :) He's sleeping on a cosy bed in a crate on the veranda at the moment, separated from my two.

Hope someone is looking for him and he's not been dumped due to his age :(

Actually what's the procedure? Should I take him to a vet first to scan him, or do I have to take him straight to the pound :rofl:

Off to bed now as it's 3.40am......

We were at Leighton Beach yesterday and there was a little dog lost up on the road. He was mostly black, and looked like a chubby Chi cross. There were a couple of people trying to get hold of him (he looked quite calm but intent on finding his owner) so we didn't hang around. I wonder if it's the same dog? What colour was the one you found CC?

I don't think it matter if you take the dog directly to the vet or the pound. Both have scanners. I have found a couple of lost dogs and just took them to my local vet as I didn't have time to wait for a ranger to collect them. The vets are always happy to hold onto them until the ranger can get there. :rofl:

Well the little guy is now at Claremont Veterinary Clinic, unfortunately he is not chipped, but they will look after him and let me know what happens. His nails were also very overgrown, which along with his weight, makes them think he probably belongs to an old person.

P1020051.jpg

P1020048.jpg

I'll put an thread in the lost and found here, and put it on gumtree - any suggestions where else I can advertise a found dog?

Hope he has a home soon as he was very friendly and sweet :laugh:

CC we can still make a plan to meet to do our photography, how far are you from a train station? Wherever we want to go and take pics I can just pick you up from the nearest station, we can make a plan :rofl:

Ok, sounds like a plan......I haven't been on a train here yet - about time I did I guess :eek:

Well the little guy is now at Claremont Veterinary Clinic, unfortunately he is not chipped, but they will look after him and let me know what happens. His nails were also very overgrown, which along with his weight, makes them think he probably belongs to an old person.

P1020051.jpg

P1020048.jpg

I'll put an thread in the lost and found here, and put it on gumtree - any suggestions where else I can advertise a found dog?

Hope he has a home soon as he was very friendly and sweet :laugh:

CC we can still make a plan to meet to do our photography, how far are you from a train station? Wherever we want to go and take pics I can just pick you up from the nearest station, we can make a plan :rofl:

Ok, sounds like a plan......I haven't been on a train here yet - about time I did I guess :eek:

Trains are good, I had not caught a train in RSA but here I dont mind. I wont do it late at night on my own though but i am probably being paranoid...

Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas... and lots of good things to come for all of us in 2011!!

fetchindawgs I am so sorry for your loss... what a horrible year you have had :eek: Especially sending you positive vibes and good wishes for 2011!

Anyone care to share their new years resolutions/goals for 2011? They can be doggy related or personal ones!

Mine:

Continue with tracking and obedience with Ari

Healthy litter of puppies around June 2011!

Qualify Crufts 2012 with Charlie! (and then save enough to go over there and show!)

healthy eating and more exercise for me in 2011!

Id like to get fit in 2011 (think this is more reachable than saying Im going to lose weight :laugh: ).....

Id like to do more training with my two dogs in 2011....

Im going to do more fun things on my RDOs in 2011....

We put our shade sails up under our patio this morning, and they are looking very noice, I must say!!!

Off visiting rellies this arvo!

I should have Sea Monkeys tomorrow!! Their water is "purifying" for 24 hours, then they can be hatched :eek: ....I have wanted Sea Monkeys since I was a kid - after seeing them on the backs of comics...LOL

Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas... and lots of good things to come for all of us in 2011!!

fetchindawgs I am so sorry for your loss... what a horrible year you have had :laugh: Especially sending you positive vibes and good wishes for 2011!

Anyone care to share their new years resolutions/goals for 2011? They can be doggy related or personal ones!

Mine:

Qualify Crufts 2012 with Charlie! (and then save enough to go over there and show!)

So sorry for your loss fetchingdawgs :D And good on you for doing the right thing with that obese little chihuahua CC.

2011 goals-

Continue working on Toby for his anxiety, smart socialization and maybe some obedience/Rally. :birthday: Plus continue to learn about training dogs and dog body language and behaviour.

Title Cider and Strauss (this is a joint goal with Ptolomy I think... only she dosent know it ;) ) Improve my handling. Keep learning about structure and function of gundog breeds.

Save as much as I can for Europe/Crufts 2012 (and keep fingers crossed Charlie qualifys!)

Meet a LM again!

And some personal ones; finish the year with distinctions in all subjects, conquer my arch enemy - Chemistry :cheer::shrug: , improve eating + fitness + keep off the weight/lose more :D, improve my photography, finally learn some more Italian so I can speak with my nonno (late 80's), zia (mid 60's) and zio(early 70's) in thier mother tounge as they age.... so not much. Better get off DOL now and get some stuff done :o

Edited by RallyValley

fetchindawgs I am so sorry for your loss... what a horrible year you have had :D Especially sending you positive vibes and good wishes for 2011!

Mine:

So sorry for your loss fetchingdawgs :D And good on you for doing the right thing with that obese little chihuahua CC.

2011 goals-

Continue working on Toby for his anxiety, smart socialization and maybe some obedience/Rally. :laugh: Plus continue to learn about training dogs and dog body language and behaviour.

Title Cider and Strauss (this is a joint goal with Ptolomy I think... only she dosent know it :birthday: ) Improve my handling. Keep learning about structure and function of gundog breeds.

Save as much as I can for Europe/Crufts 2012 (and keep fingers crossed Charlie qualifys!)

Meet a LM again!

And some personal ones; finish the year with distinctions in all subjects, conquer my arch enemy - Chemistry :cheer::shrug: , improve eating + fitness + keep off the weight/lose more ;), improve my photography, finally learn some more Italian so I can speak with my nonno (late 80's), zia (mid 60's) and zio(early 70's) in thier mother tounge as they age.... so not much. Better get off DOL now and get some stuff done :o

Thats certainly a good list to tackle Valley!!!

Umm, whats an LM :laugh: ..............

Good luck with your studies!! Thats another to add to my list - study something!! I want to do something completely different!

One of your other goals reminded me of one I need to work on - working with Zola and her anxiety and fear issues!!! Lots of homework there! I would love to take her to the odd neuter show!

Hi, i am new to the website so please correct me if i've posted this in the wrong thread!

Does anybody know if Marshalls Boarding Kennel are a good place to keep your dogs? They are located on 18 Hybrid Ct Banjup. I have read many things about other kennels but none of this one...

Also, am curious to know if anybody read about the poor little white Maltese? puppy that was taken to a kennel for a clip/bath an was left in a cage infront of an industrial heater which almost killed it. They never publicly named the kennel but I am interested as to who it could be an it makes me very upset to know people can do these sorts of things :shrug:

My new year resolutions are to lose 5kg, save money and compete in a proper obedience trail with Mason :cheer:

:shrug: I'll be there to cheer you guys on!!

My goals are:

Also lose 5kg (I have this goal every year but dammit, THIS is the year!! :o)

Try ever so hard to resist a new puppy addition (but can't guarantee this one)

Have a successful trialling year in obedience and agility and have fun with it :laugh: