Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hawksdale - Paw Prints Pet Training are also advertising on FB some free 'come and try' agility classes this month, the first one is tomorrow in Floreat

CC - if you ever want the company of a couple of obsessive kelpies just let me know :) I was very slack this morning tho, didn't get to the beach until 10:30 :(

Welcome - Hawkesdale :D

ETA CC glad to see Kwinana is now the beach of choice for DOLers!

It was just as lovely down there today, apart from the woma who told Louis to p*ss off in no uncertain terms when he went near her dog, perhaps she thought he had some horrible skin disease :laugh:

However it's much better if I go down with a bunch of you - on his own with just Daisy he is more focused on other dogs and rushes up to them, he recall goes out the window when his anxiety kick in :(

I can't have him on the lead there as he is 100x worse on the lead when dogs are running around, but I can't have him running up to dogs as that's exactly what I wouldn't want other dogs doing to him :( So I may just go down when there are perth meets there and he can stick with a 'pack' :)

oh CC let me know when you are next there I would love to bring the BIG horrible skin diseased dog to evoke a P** Off response! lolololol

With this awfully hot weather even I ( who is terrified of the beach, well the water) has given in and takes the dogs to the beach!!

Most of you guys being seasoned obedience people will laugh, BUT I must share, we had a go at rally O the other day and we were very impressed, althought it will take us a while, it is something that novice people can do and not feel threatened when a mistake is made. The whole session was fun and friendly, we had very experienced dogs to us very untrained handlers and dogs. Well known trainer Debie Russell took us through some training and I look forward to one day having a go officially.

I will come down again soon CC and he can hang with my 2 :)

CC - if you ever want the company of a couple of obsessive kelpies just let me know :) I was very slack this morning tho, didn't get to the beach until 10:30 :(

Thanks guys :D

oh CC let me know when you are next there I would love to bring the BIG horrible skin diseased dog to evoke a P** Off response! lolololol

With this awfully hot weather even I ( who is terrified of the beach, well the water) has given in and takes the dogs to the beach!!

It would be awesome to see your guys at the beach, a bit far for you to travel though :laugh:

I am hoping to do some agility with my youngest girl (20mth) and maybe my boy (4) if my daughter wants to go, just not sure where to start looking though. :)

Welcome Hawksdale! For agility training near you, there is a club that does agility at Cloverdale, another at Bassendean (Perth training obedience club) also two clubs do it at Canine Grounds in Southern River (Agility Club of WA and Southern River Agility & Obedience Dog Club)

We have a Flattie at ACWA and she has recently started competing in agility :D Same lady that MG mentioned

Thanks Ampie :) I will look into it, I am aiming to get Rumours title this year (inbetween horse shows!!) and be selfish and make 2012 my year :cheer: not everyone elses :)

Guest RosieFT

Quick video I made of Bondi's progress over the last few days- last video is her tonight- standing and walking on her own unassisted :)

wow - she is a battler that is for sure. Has not gone off her food? :) I hope she continues to progress .

She went off her food about a month and a half ago before she was on steroids- she is off the steroids now though :) She was 30kg before all of this happened- then got down to 22kg- and was weighed yesterday at the vet and she is now 25.5KG :D

Played her fave game "find it" today with her- where I hide her toy somewhere in the house and she has to go find it- only difference this time being I had to walk behind her and support her with her sling :) She hasn't lost her zest for life at all.

CC, I'll add to the list of dogs you can use for company if you want to head down, as I am now beach addicted after last week and would love company more often. As you saw, mine didn't really bother with other dogs at all (except when Mason and Gibbs ran up to them when we arrived :laugh: OMG IT'S MORE LABS!!! they must be thinking :rofl:)

If anyone wants awesome deals on beach gear, sign up to the Anaconda adventure club (free to join online or in store) and they currently have 70% off beach gear for members. Today I picked up the following for about $39 - beach umbrella, sun shade (which can double as a great crate shade for shows, it would fit 2 crates under it very nicely with lots of air flow!), canvas zip up beach bag, massive beach towel, and bodyboard. I might head back again next week and pick up another beach towel and beach bag, and take a longer look at other things on sale as my time was limited this arvo. Love a good bargain! thumbsup1.gif

Edited by RubyStar

That's a bugger MG - poor doggies! Sounds pretty rough!!

We went to Kwinana (different part to last week) and the swell was no bigger than a foot, Trixie could swim through it (and swimming is not her strong point :laugh: ).

I stopped by Kwinana beach this morning on my way home from an agility class to let my girl have a run and to investigate this horse beach I've been hearing about

....... :eek: I've never seen so many horses in one place! And I used to belong to a pony club!

Quiet thread huh :laugh:

Ok I am doing the Cabela's order Friday. I know that MG, ST and RS want items anyone else? I need to know exactly what (colour, size model etc when needed) by Friday as my order is going in then. :)

(Off to go decide for myself :thumbsup: )