Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Thanks OSoSwift and Emery, I told her I think flea collars are useless. I said to try using something like Advocate which covers a host of things. He is spending a fair bit of time in the dirt and at the beach seeing they are camping. I just wondered if there were certain little bities in WA that we had never heard of. If he continues itching she can take him to the vet :)

Comforts tablets are great for fleas I have heard, never had a flea problem.

I use Comfortis for mine for fleas, but she doesn't believe it's fleas that are causing it.

I hope Millie has a speedy recovery RubyStar and all is well :)

Tobster if she treats him with a spot on as a precaution at least if it is anything it go away with treatment...

but as far as i know there is nothing else really that I can think of in WA... we do have ticks but not the dangerous kind...

RS So glad Millie is home and big cuddles for her. By the time we caught my girls mouth cancer it was a decision of having to remove half her jaw for her to survive... my mum didn't want her to go through that and sadly she was only 7.5y when we lost her. :cry: I'm so glad you have caught this in time.

Thanks guys, giving Millie hugs from you Rusky :)

ST, sorry to hear about your girl, I had no idea you lost one to mouth cancer :( Was it visible, and how did you end up finding it? I'm lucky that this was a protruding pink lump and that I managed to see the first one when she was puffing. It is under her tongue in an awkward spot to see.

Tansy had a lump quite a way up on the top jaw of her gum... it had likely been there for a while, but we didn't see it until one day when her mouth started bleeding... certainly taught me a lesson as I always check my dogs mouths for changes now...

Yeah it is a good idea to check mouths regularly. I had read about lumps in mouths prior to getting Ruby so made sure I always check mouths. Speaking of which, I'll have to give Ruby's a good inspection later. It's easy to check the outside of the gums by lifting their lips up, but more difficult to inspect the inside and under the tongue, so we often just don't :(

Bunbury and Districts Dog Club Open Show.

Judge: Mrs I. Homer

Chandra expertly handled by Makaela BOB, RUBIG, Open in group. Kelari handled by Amy, reserve challenge, Chance RUBOB, Junior in group. Good day very happy :)

MG i hope you get to the core of gibbs problem soon

well done Emery :thumbsup:

I enjoy the Bunbury Open show and I usually go but I'm winding down from shows before my holiday :)

Mas I hope everything works out and you get to the bottom of the issues with Gibbs soon.

This is my first show since the bunbury champ show wanted to get the dogs back in the ring before the western classic lol i been out of hte ring for a while. Bunbury always put on a lovely show, with friendly stewards and lovely judges. I was hoping to see my sister in law whilst down there but unfortunately she was working but still an enjoyable trip :) lovely prizes too i was shocked they had gazebo mats for in show awards and a gazebo for bis, first aid kits for big and notebook, pen and calculator box set for ruigs