Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Louis is home and looking ok :thumbsup: He just had sedation and a local, so no GA, and the allergic reaction has gone right down, just a few red spots now and no large welts!

He's crashed out on the sofa now as it's obviously been an exhausting experience for him :laugh:

Results back in a week.....

I was thinking of you CC as I walked into Quarantine at lunch time as that is where we met 18 months or so ago. Came home to find the news on Louis - poor fella. Glad to hear the reaction has settled and I have my fingers and toes crossed that the results come back OK.

Poor Louis, I am glad to hear the reaction didn't last long :) Fingers crossed for good news in a week!

Emery, if you aren't meant to weight bear then don't. You don't want to damage it further and take even longer to heal! Also a lame handler isn't the best in the ring as it can through the look of the dogs gait off is the handler is limping ;)

I have washed and blowdried a dog and washed 3 horses... I am ready for bed now :laugh: Washing Varda makes me appreciate the lack of coat a Kelpie has! One more horse to wash tomorrow before going to the dog show too...

I have always said that its much harder for an older dog to do quarantine than a puppy, but I think Chica is proving my theory wrong. She is confident, nosey and is coping OK. They have introduced some more Stoopid quarantine rules since we were there last, but I managed to get around one of them today. wink.gif I think the girl realised how stoopid she sounded when she was trying to tell me they don't do that - so she gave in thumbsup1.gif

When my girl was in quarantine in NSW as there was no room over here, the girl asked if it was ok for a 12week old puppy to have 1 cup of biscuits a day :eek: Lucky I had a friend over there that could check on her as she lost quite a bit of weight..not good for a puppy :mad

But on a brighter side Rumour won Best Intermediate in Group last night so very happy with the start of our showing year :cheer::happydance: I don't know if we will make it back tonight though as we have a horse show tomorrow and we didn't get home until after 11 last night!

But on a brighter side Rumour won Best Intermediate in Group last night so very happy with the start of our showing year :cheer::happydance: I don't know if we will make it back tonight though as we have a horse show tomorrow and we didn't get home until after 11 last night!

Well done :) Which show are you going to tomorrow? I am hoping all our dogs bomb tonight as I need to get up to Northam to get 4 horses measured before stewarding all day :rofl:

Well done :) Which show are you going to tomorrow? I am hoping all our dogs bomb tonight as I need to get up to Northam to get 4 horses measured before stewarding all day :rofl:

To The WABA at Brookleigh with Jack (buckskin :D ) And you really don't want your dogs to bomb ;) Just hope for an early finish! :rofl: Good Luck!! We may get there just depends on how organised we are.

You have the group 1 judge i would suggest packing your bed,she was very slow last night

Good luck today Hawksdale.

Showdog, our judge finished around 1.5 hours before the group 6&7 judges!

We ended up getting home at 3am (Anikka won Minor IG and Varda Neuter IG...) which was good fun since I had to get up at 5.30 today :( Most recent shows we have been home between 12 and 1!

It could be interesting spending the day stewarding at a horse show today!

I couldn't believe how long group 6 judging took lol 9 pm and still on bull mastiffs i think LOL>

I got reserve challenge with my girl handled by my mate jase, i took the baby in and man she almost sent me a over t the judge loved her she is so bouncy and loveable and she jsut wanted to kiss the judge :D

she got baby of breed then when in for group she stood nicely whilst eating my fingers :)

I took kendra my friends girl in and she was so well behaved and I am so surprised considering how sore i was how well my ankle has pulled up i think stretching it has done it some good there is very little pain and i can walk :D

ok, i finally made the connection today, caveat is that i have not been there for 6 months or so.. but next to Jungle Gym in willetton is a very nondescript building that always seemed to have dogs coming out with bandages on, with people helping them walk etc. Doesn't even LOOK like a vet. Well blow me down if i don't actually read the very nondescript sign today and it says 'river gum' referral blah blah.. something or the other... is that where you went MG?

Bondi goes to Rivergum- they are great there! :thumbsup:

Glad I scratched my sibe and left early if the show went that late :eek: