Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I am worn out just watching Jive and Anikka play! Anikka is nearly 9 months old and is staying with us for her first season... Jive slept very well last night and I am hoping they have at least a few breaks during the day today ROFL

So who is competing at State Agility this weekend? Banjo and the Aussies are in with jive coming as cheer leader :D

Guest RosieFT

Just got back from 9 days in Kalbarri. I think Rosie wants to live permanently in north freo with my parents..... multiple walks a day, got to snuggle on bed.. no screaming kids .... sigh. She is moping around here today.

I have mountains of washing and the messiest house in history to get in order today. ugh.

Not much to report here - I'm sick (again) with a cold this time, on top of a cough I already had. It sux and I'm feeling sorry for myself!!

Saturday we went to tracking - Ari's second time ever. There were lots of dogs there as it was the first training day of the year. In amongst them was a big contingency of Weimaraners, about 10 in total. Our club is very proud as we arranged Trackwest to do a separate workshop for our club members this year.

Just got back from 9 days in Kalbarri. I think Rosie wants to live permanently in north freo with my parents..... multiple walks a day, got to snuggle on bed.. no screaming kids .... sigh. She is moping around here today.

I have mountains of washing and the messiest house in history to get in order today. ugh.

Hope you had fun. If I had of known you were going I could have asked Dad to take you over the river for a fish or an explore :)

It has been lovely weather up there.

I also have mountains of washing and no going away to blame it on!

So who is competing at State Agility this weekend? Banjo and the Aussies are in with jive coming as cheer leader :D

YAY!!! I am - though will probably regret it - two full days - eeek!! And Trixie's second ever day trial! eek! Though she didn't suffer as badly as I thought she would at Cloverdale on the weekend, mostly just near misses

ETA I'm even in the teams at the states which I am regretting lol will probably just want to sleep on Sunday arvo

But yay can't wait to meet Jive!

Ahhh Kalbarri! Was it awesome

Not much to report here - I'm sick (again) with a cold this time, on top of a cough I already had. It sux and I'm feeling sorry for myself!!

You have my sympathy ST I had a nasty cough virus over easter and then on last Thursday was struck down by Tonsillitis, Managed to stay at work for an hour on Friday before being ordered home lol, was so so painful. feeling fine now though, got penicillin pumping through my veins lol

Cider has 6 days to go so I am in countdown mode. All is going well so far - we have a vet check tomorrow night.

Oooohhhh so exciting!!!! :D :D :D

Edited by amypie

Guest RosieFT

Hope you had fun. If I had of known you were going I could have asked Dad to take you over the river for a fish or an explore :)

It has been lovely weather up there.

I also have mountains of washing and no going away to blame it on!

Oso - doh! That would have been great! we did intend to hire a dingy and go up the river but on the day we were going to do it, was the only windy/choppy day and we ended up at Blue Holes with the two men snorkelling and the kids having a ball playing in water, trying to catch the crabs/watching the crabs skuttle into their holes and having a wonderful time.

We wanted to go across and explore the lagoon but it was one of those things that we just never got around to! We did hire a pedal boat and got across the other side, but not long enough for a proper explore.

Oso/Amy - kalbarri was fantastic. It was our first foray north, we ALWAYS go South - even in winter LOL. It was lovely weather in the day and it cooled down at night so sleeping was great, even in a tent! I was worried we were going for too long, turned out we didn't even get to do all we wanted to do. Lots of fishing, swimming, snorkelling playing :-) . Lovely to have warning signs on all beaches though... "NO Swimming. A shark has been sighted in this area. "

We went every morning to see the pellicans being fed and they didn't turn up ONCE! LOL... ah well.

The water was warm and we only once encountered stingers in the river mouth, which apparantly is unusual. Down South you get stingers EVERYWHERE!

The only t hing that brough a tear to my eye was that we set off in our new (second hand late 2009) camry that we had owned for all of 2 days, along the coast road only to have the front windscreen chipped in two places. :cry: .... On a section of the road there was blue metal heaped up in the middle of the road for about 3kms. We kept well back from the cars in front, only to have a car coming in the opposite direction spray us in schrapnel. Our friends who came up in their Pajero separate to us, also got 2 huge chips in their windscreen. SO pissed at main roads. Why could they not grade it before the easter weekend??!?!? Needless to say we came home via Brand Hwy!

We went walking in the gorge and I am so proud of my kids (6 and 8) who did the 3km return trip into the gorge to swim in the river. 6km in the heat of the day which took us HOURS. We ran out of water just as we got back to Nature's Window. I was a bit worried about my daughter as her legs were looking very wobbly by then. Luckily we had some hot, but wet! water in the car. It was 41 degrees by the time we got back..... hmmmm not super smart on our part.

Done all my washing, sleeping bags last to go... house almost clean.. ahhh. Then have to ring insurance people and go, umm, you know that car we recently insured.... well, we need new windscreen LOL.

AMy - ouch, tonsilitis hurts. Good luck on weekend.

Wow your kids are hardcore! That's a serious trek!

Sounds awesome!

Does your car insurance cover a windscreen with no excess? Mine did - I got a chip on Roe Hwy a week before I was going to Shark Bay in September, and it made a nice crack across the side, but decided to leave it until after my trip in case I got another chip - wise move because wouldn't you know I did get another chip!

I have one of these tunnels I was going to chuck out unless anyone wants it? suitable for puppies or little dogs?

20409.jpg

*children not included, thankfully :p

Edited by amypie