Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi all. It says this thread is for anyone that is interested. I am happy to meet you all. After waiting and thinking for a long time, I have bought a pup. She is a Westie and I will get to meet her in two weeks. I would love to find out more about the breed and possibly about showing her as a hobby, if all works out.

Woohoo - Love Westie pups - they are just soo cute. Where are you getting her from?

My Westie Hemi is 2.5yrs (I cant believe that - had to go back and recount!!) I have attached a photo of him and his friend Reef

post-23273-0-43192800-1344500812_thumb.jpg

Edited by RoxyNHemi

Eye Ulcers are horrid. Blaize had a couple - ended up at Rivergum having it treated after the local vet tried a contact lens which last all of about 30 minutes before I found it on the kitchen floor - $300 and into the bin it went.......

Poor Mason, I hope it clears up soon!

What glorious weather we are having this weekend!! thumbsup1.gif Shame I have to spend it studying. But I'm taking advantage of it best I can by studying in the backyard. It got a bit too hot in the sun laugh.gif and it's too cool inside so a lovely compromise, under the patio :)

It feels like doggy beach weather and I really feel like going! I am meant to be studying tomorrow too, but does anyone feel like doing a mid morning beach meet with the dogs in Kwinana? Late notice I know so I don't expect any takers, but thought I'd just put the feelers out anyway!

I edited to say mid morning, instead of morning, as it will probably still be a bit chilly too early. I'm thinking about 10am.

Edited by RubyStar

Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow RS :laugh:

Forecast for Sunday

Rain developing late morning, becoming heavier for a period in the afternoon

then tending to a few showers. Moderate to heavy falls possible. NW'ly winds,

strong and squally from late morning, tending W'ly late afternoon or evening.

Plus I had my tattoo extended a bit today, so need to keep it dry and away from sand! However would be up for a meet before it gets too hot, and maybe I can get some pics for you too RS :)

MG - poor Mason :( Hope it heals quickly for him.

Yeah, my sister mentioned something about rain. Poo :( I don't tend to check forecasts myself, I'm lazy like that laugh.gif

But yep in the next month or so I think we should meet up for a beach meet before it gets too hot! And I'd love some photos :D

Yeah, my sister mentioned something about rain. Poo :( I don't tend to check forecasts myself, I'm lazy like that laugh.gif

But yep in the next month or so I think we should meet up for a beach meet before it gets too hot! And I'd love some photos :D

I'm in. Won't go if it's too hot after my run in with a baby dugite on the path down to the beach last time

*brag alert* one of my puppies, who some of you may remember i was also showing for a short time, passed his Track 3 today to gain his TD title at just 15 months old. Very proud!!

Wow that's great! I'm definitely going to go tracking next year with Gibbs.

Well done JT!

Hopefully Mason's eye is all better soon MG :)

Ptolomy, what did they use the contact lens for? Corneal ulcers are reasonably common in horses and we just get to put drops in several times a day and on really bad ulcers we put a mesh fly net on with the affected side blocked to stop light getting in.

Well done JT!

Hopefully Mason's eye is all better soon MG :)

Ptolomy, what did they use the contact lens for? Corneal ulcers are reasonably common in horses and we just get to put drops in several times a day and on really bad ulcers we put a mesh fly net on with the affected side blocked to stop light getting in.

Yeah that's all iv had to do with Mason, 2 sets of different drops

ampypie I don't have pet insurance but Deb always asks me if I need a receipt or anything for insurance so I think she can sort it out. She's a vet so I don't see why her services wouldn't be covered but then again, I know nothing about pet insurance :o Maybe send her an email?

:o RS sounds like she knows what she's talking about

Edited by Mim

ampypie I don't have pet insurance but Deb always asks me if I need a receipt or anything for insurance so I think she can sort it out. She's a vet so I don't see why her services wouldn't be covered but then again, I know nothing about pet insurance :o Maybe send her an email?

:o RS sounds like she knows what she's talking about

Not completely laugh.gif

I think if you see her for routine vet things, I'm sure you could claim pet insurance with her as she keeps a history like other vets and offers receipts. However, pet insurance companies wouldn't consider acupuncture and chiro stuff "routine" so I'd imagine that would need a referral to get paid out for it. Just a guess!

Can she refer you to herself? laugh.gif

Edited by RubyStar