Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Things seem to have been very quiet on here at the moment. Not just in the WA thread but others as well.

Nothing much to report from me though other than I have stupidly entered shows on both days this weekend :eek: It always seems like a good idea at the time :o At least they are holding neuter classes :thumbsup: :laugh:

Whitka not sure if you've already arranged it but Sherae Petlink are fantastic for pet transport.

I wish I was entered on the weekend, but I missed the entry date :( not that i'd be showing anyway, but I did want to enter :( Good news is I finally found my chequebook so I can actually enter some more shows!!

Things seem to have been very quiet on here at the moment. Not just in the WA thread but others as well.

Nothing much to report from me though other than I have stupidly entered shows on both days this weekend :eek: It always seems like a good idea at the time :o At least they are holding neuter classes :thumbsup: :laugh:

Mirawee share your lovely video clip, I enjoyed it a lot! The horse dressage one( Sorry not sure of the correct name )

I will need to do it from home as I can't access YouTube on my work computer :p

I am guessing you mean the one with the two horses in together? Gotta love doing a Pas De Deux in competition with the two horses never having worked together before (I was a last minute fill in). Good thing they love each other :thumbsup:

I will need to do it from home as I can't access YouTube on my work computer :p

I am guessing you mean the one with the two horses in together? Gotta love doing a Pas De Deux in competition with the two horses never having worked together before (I was a last minute fill in). Good thing they love each other :thumbsup:

Thats the one, excellent in my eyes, but why were there rump covers on the horses? is their a reason, in the UK we used them to keep warmth in

My lovely mum did some research for me (cause I must be to lazy :laugh: ) and has found out that Quantas (sp?) can fly Toby from Melbourne to Kalgoorlie :thumbsup:

im having my dog flown over from melb using the people at Moorholme Park Pet Care Centre. their cost was less than jet pets, and it included crate hire. i got the recommendation from another thread on here.... somewhere.... if you search for the user wayrod, he can help.

Thats the one, excellent in my eyes, but why were there rump covers on the horses? is their a reason, in the UK we used them to keep warmth in

They were good kiddies :D And the judges agreed with you coz we won ;)

The rump covers ( Or quarter sheets as the real ones are called :D ) were fancy dress :laugh: They were made out of shower curtains and then trimmed with gold piping and diamantes to make them look "regal", the ponies had tassles hanging from the bit as well. We were Shrek and Princess Fiona but only put the ogre helmets on we didn't bother with the tunics and masks. If the original rider had done it they would have though :D

Thanks for the recommendations but I don't know if it will be needed now. I'm not coping here at all been trying to put on a brave face but this place is just horrible everyone I seem to talk to is looking to get out. If only we didnt need to the money :(

Kalgoorlie is either a place people love or hate.

I totally loved the place,the community aspect & the wonderful friends we had there.

We spent the weekends doing the most amazing things & had the time off my life there.

I really miss it.

I guess you experienced the 40 plus today

Thanks for the recommendations but I don't know if it will be needed now. I'm not coping here at all been trying to put on a brave face but this place is just horrible everyone I seem to talk to is looking to get out. If only we didnt need to the money :(

Whitka - do you play sport? I've moved around many country towns and certainly find that playing sport really helps when settling in to a new place. It means you meet a few people and start to get your face out and about into the community. If you have other hobbies such as crafts etc there are often groups for that as well. It can be really scary turning up the first time and not knowing anyone but is well worth the effort in my experience.

Good luck!

I've grown up in a country town so the size doesn't bother me it's just so different from what I'm used to and a few people tell me it will take me few months to adjust here, also finding it hard meeting people. Yep felt that heat it really took a lot out of me! I'm hoping once we move into this house and I get my dog over here that things will improve. My boyfriend has said we should only need to stay here a year and should have enough to set ourselves up. Also being so far away from my friends and family is hard to.

I've grown up in a country town so the size doesn't bother me it's just so different from what I'm used to and a few people tell me it will take me few months to adjust here, also finding it hard meeting people. Yep felt that heat it really took a lot out of me! I'm hoping once we move into this house and I get my dog over here that things will improve. My boyfriend has said we should only need to stay here a year and should have enough to set ourselves up. Also being so far away from my friends and family is hard to.

Whitka, Kalgoorlie is different and the climate can be harsh. Being so far from everyone is very hard, I know I have done it myself. Can I suggest maybe going down to the dog clubs and sussing things out even before your boy gets there so you know some people and faces and know if you like them or not. I have an aunty and Uncle in Kal who are just the most wonderful people and very welcoming. If you would love to meet some great people let me know.

Are you working yourself yet? if not maybe try doing a course through their uni campus (my aunty is the head librarian so you could bump into her that way) If you get down to Esperance look me up, I will give you a big hug and a shoulder and ear and we can do coffee.

Edited by OSoSwift

Roleystone. They got her to Murdoch in the nick of time.

Yikes Tiggy - glad to hear the dog is OK.

Guessing it would have been an expensive little exercise.

I am just back from Brisbane and one of the dogs I go over to babysit was bitten by a brown snake the weekend before I got there. They actually didn't realise the dog had been bitten until the next morning when they got up and found blood all over the floor - she was bleeding out. Thankfully, even though it was a 5ft snake she didn't get a full hit of venom and after 2 lots of anti venom she was fine by the time I got to Brisbane. Needless to say I spent the 2 weeks keeping my eye out for anything that wriggled.

Roleystone. They got her to Murdoch in the nick of time.

Yikes Tiggy - glad to hear the dog is OK.

Guessing it would have been an expensive little exercise.

I am just back from Brisbane and one of the dogs I go over to babysit was bitten by a brown snake the weekend before I got there. They actually didn't realise the dog had been bitten until the next morning when they got up and found blood all over the floor - she was bleeding out. Thankfully, even though it was a 5ft snake she didn't get a full hit of venom and after 2 lots of anti venom she was fine by the time I got to Brisbane. Needless to say I spent the 2 weeks keeping my eye out for anything that wriggled.

Zali was bitten by a brown snake too. Their pet insurance just covers the cost but it's a one off deal with snake bites apparently.

Really worried about Toby.... he's having bloods done trying to get to the bottom of some strange behaviour that has really intensified in the last week or so. Can all the WA thread people please keep their fingers crossed for him? It's so painful seeing your dog in pain. :(

Edited by RallyValley