Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

Hi Amy, didn't realise it was dog friendly at Lane Poole. Is the whole site dog friendly? Know a few people who have camped there and it sounds nice. Would you recommend it?

Oh no I lost my name! :eek: :laugh: About a month ago, I was bored :p

Hey stranger :wave: RFT

Yes it is dog friendly there, dogs must be on lead though (that didn't stop some people - there's always one bogan that ruins it - "but my dog is FRIENDLY!!" as their dog comes barrelling into our camp setting three dogs off...) luckily they only stayed one night

ANYWAY :laugh:

Yes I would recommend it but usually we pre-book a camp site at Stringers Camp or Yarragil - they are more secluded and less people and we have never been bothered there. This time we camped at Nanga Mill because we have a mob, it is a massive campground and you just camp wherever you want but inevitably in peak season there are people nearby.

There is also Marrinup Block camp which is also okay, a bit quieter and closer to town, but not near the river - it's more of a Winter place.

Both campgrounds are on the DEC website, you can use it to book a campsite.

Lane Poole Campsites

Marrinup Block

Guest RosieFT

right back at you, err, pie :laugh:

Thanks so much for info :-) . Will look into it.

How you been? Dogs still successfully competing for you?

we just been trying to cope with heat. Thank goodness for cool change :)

Hi and Happy New Year to all you West Aussies! :wave::party:

Pie, you went to Dwellingup and didn't stop in Mandurah and visit? No fair! I want you to meet my new baby, and see how Trixie's grown. Speaking of which, I know you guys all see each other fairly often at training/obedience/trials, but would anyone be interested in a DOL social dog meet like the one we had at Piney Lakes ages ago? Bugger, just read the last few posts and realise I missed a beach meet :( happy birthday Ruby! Rolf's a wuss, went for his first swim about a week ago but there were only miniscule bumps, not waves. He only came in cos he didn't want to be separated from me, LOL! Great swimming beach at North Rockingham! Very protected bay so very flat with just tiny wavelets.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of someone who might want to join the great dane madness without having to go through the puppy destructo phase? There is a young black female (2 1/2yo) who is looking for a home at the moment, she is lovely and gets on well with other dogs at playdates, but needs to live without a canine companion. She is a good girl who would like someone who is home a lot and will treat her like a princess. Well behaved if shoes and remotes are out of reach ;) and great recall.

I don't go that way Horty :p

I go freeway - Mundijong Rd - South West Hwy - Del Park Rd.

My brother lives in Mandurah though, and funnily enough someone in his household has a great dane puppy :)

horty, I'm usually up for a DOL meet. If you organise one I will be there if I can :)

mirawee, I am heading there this weekend, not sure what day though. Probably Sunday. Will probably go most weekends now, so if you want to meet up at anytime just give me a shout :)

Alpine_zps8e9f0f4a.jpg

Just in case anyone is in the Bunbury/Dalyellup/Capel area my granddaughter's dog is missing - any sightings would be greatly appreciated. Alpine is a 10yr old, speyed Siberian Husky.

Edited by Skye GSD

Went to the beach yesterday and while the dogs had a blast, Millie has woken up this morning with "cold tail". Poor girl thinks it is the end of the world. She started screeching and indicating her back end and after a lot of going over I discovered her limp tail. She stopped the drama queen act as soon as I gave her some cuddles laugh.gif Ruby has had it plenty of times and has never made a fuss, but Millie is a bit of a sook with a low pain threshold and this is her first time. I'm sure it's very uncomfortable for her and by the sounds of it from her reaction, maybe a little painful. Poor dear frown.giflaugh.gif

Nah, just let it come good on its own. Based on Ruby, it's usually better in a couple of days.

I'll most likely be heading down again next weekend, want to try and make it a weekly thing until the weather dictates it's too cold for humans to swim, too! Let me know if you want company and we'll go when you go :) Pippa has been swimming now, it's too cute! Yesterday she even went to retrieve the kong wubba, but got within a metre of it and decided she was bored of that game, and returned to shore laugh.gif

Hopefully. She only was brave enough to go up to her chest yesterday, and that was because she was desperate to say hello to a kid wading in the shallow water!

Where are these photos by the way? Need proof that she actually swims! laugh.gif

To those who don't know, Willow is my sister's new 7 month old Whippet.

Edited by RubyStar

I don't go that way Horty :p

I go freeway - Mundijong Rd - South West Hwy - Del Park Rd.

My brother lives in Mandurah though, and funnily enough someone in his household has a great dane puppy :)

Silly! Quickest way is Freeway, Lakes Rd, Paterson Rd to Pinjarra, then the Pinjarra Williams Rd, and then you would be able to take a slight detour, and come romping in the shallows at the foreshore with us and amusing the locals :p or pretend you don't know us while we amuse the locals :laugh: We actually did that today because it was nice and hot. Makes people smile watching a great dane frolicking in the water for some reason. Maybe because they usually see them being so placid and are delighted by the sudden bounciness - Rolf turns into Tigger!

Ooh! I need to know more about this puppy! How old? What colour? Girl or boy? Do they know of the existence of Great Dane Lovers Assoc WA and most importantly, can we dane-stalk them? :D

No the way I go is the fastest - just - i have been both ways - and also the scenery and traffic is much nicer - dont like that freeway it is boring...

I don't know much about her but I'll mention that there is a Great Dane group and hopefully they'll join. All I hear is tales of how giant she is lol