Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hopefully. She only was brave enough to go up to her chest yesterday, and that was because she was desperate to say hello to a kid wading in the shallow water!

Where are these photos by the way? Need proof that she actually swims! laugh.gif

To those who don't know, Willow is my sister's new 7 month old Whippet.

I will try and find them on Caths Facebook page :)

Alpine - Siberian Husky - FOUND and returned to ecstatic owners six long days later :thumbsup:

Wow that is amazing in these temperatures - lucky dog and lucky owner :-)

Returned in dubious circumstances with change of collar and not hungry but hey!! - awesome outcome.

Alpine - Siberian Husky - FOUND and returned to ecstatic owners six long days later :thumbsup:

Returned in dubious circumstances with change of collar and not hungry but hey!! - awesome outcome.

Sounds very suss but yay for the people "looking after" it having a conscience and returning to rightful owner (with a full belly!) :)

anyone had any experience with getting a dog declared dangerous in WA. Not that i want to do this, i was just wondering how it works? Does the ACO have to witness the behaviour?

Edited by ncarter

There is info here

33E. A dog may be declared to be a dangerous dog

(1) A local government, or on behalf of the local government an authorised person or person specifically authorised by the local government for the purposes of this section either generally or in a particular case, may, by a notice in writing given in accordance with section 33F, declare a dog to be a dangerous dog if, in the opinion of the local government or that person

(a) the dog has caused injury or damage by an attack on, or chasing, a person, animal or vehicle;

(b) the dog has, repeatedly, shown a tendency

(i) to attack, or chase, a person, animal or vehicle even though no injury has been caused by that behaviour; or

(ii) to threaten to attack;

or

© the behaviour of the dog meets other criteria prescribed for the purpose of this section.

(2) For the purpose of subsection (1)(b), a dog to which section 30(3) applies shall not be taken to show a tendency to attack, or chase, in carrying out the activities referred to in section 30(3) in relation to a dog of that kind.

(3) The owner of a dog declared to be a dangerous dog, or detained under this Division, shall have the rights of objection and appeal referred to in this Division.

I would assume that they wouldnt necessarily have to witness the behaviour if there was evidence to back up any claims such as video, evidence of injuries, a diary of incidents etc.

One council has this info that you might find helpful

Edited by Smurf1

Sorry ncarter, I can't help except to suggest talking to the Shire.

Apparently Anikka has decided that she wants to be a Kelpie rather than a Lappy :eek: Only 2 weeks before puppy of the year as well :mad

I pulled Toris coat out after the NYE shows, and she has decided she doesnt want to grow it as fast as she normally does.. It will be up to her breeder to show her as I wont be here....

So pretty Mirawee thumbsup1.gif

This is the year for patting people on the back for jobs well done.....

Pat on the back to Ranford vet. The vet I saw twice in the last couple of days looked all of 15 - but she was fantastic knew her stuff and didn't treat me like an idiot. Phone through test results at 8pm which was over and above what was expected thumbsup1.gif

So pretty Mirawee thumbsup1.gif

This is the year for patting people on the back for jobs well done.....

Pat on the back to Ranford vet. The vet I saw twice in the last couple of days looked all of 15 - but she was fantastic knew her stuff and didn't treat me like an idiot. Phone through test results at 8pm which was over and above what was expected thumbsup1.gif

Great to hear Ptolomy

And gorgeous Boy and mum of course. My old Yellow girl is 29, 30 this year...........

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes, the plot thickens! lol

anyone had any experience with getting a dog declared dangerous in WA. Not that i want to do this, i was just wondering how it works? Does the ACO have to witness the behaviour?

Nick email me I can explain it to you, its under the Dog Act 1976 and its the Local Council that declares it under the legislation, its not easy either.

I am happy to say a new vet that started at my local vet and is not too long out of uni has impressed me with each visit I have had with both dogs and cats.

I must remember to tell the owner as I am impress with the fact he is up to date with latest recommendations and vaccination protocols, but also because he listens and is happy to be educated if he doesn't know a lot about something, ie conditions peculiar to hairless cats :)

I hope they keep him :)

Third page! :eek:

Come on, someone must have some gossip!

Does anyone want some puppy cuddles? She won't be quite as cute as this as she will be 7 weeks older when she arrives next weekend but still a little bundle of fluffy goodness :D As long as things go to plan she will be coming to WA for 6-12 months to be shown :) Her current name is Alice but we are thinking of shortening it to Lissy (can't be Ally)

Lissy_zpscd2ce0d4.jpg