Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Only since yesterday morning :laugh: The litters we are waiting for won't happen until closer to the end of the year :) This girl's breeder wants to run her and her sister on so asked yesterday if we wanted her to show instead of them competing against each other :D Want another one FP? She has another sister who requires a new home too :p

Hehe I don't think I have any secrets about the litters I am waiting for :) The only reason this was kept a "secret" for less than 24 hours was waiting until it was 100% organised (well 99% as we still have to sign the lease agreement) :)

If you have a secret does that mean you are getting into showing? :rofl: The only time I know people having secrets about what dogs they are getting/breeding is when they are trying to one-up a show ring rival :laugh:

Edited by mirawee

• 2 weeks later...

Wow guys, didn't think I'd be the one to ressurrect this thread! :eek:

Where are you all? Mirawee, you must have gorgeous little Alice by now, too busy cuddling and playing and sniffing puppy breath to post huh?

Your horses are stunning BTW! Are they palominos?

FlowerProwler, when you say 'down here' I'm guessing you're somewhere south of Perth? So am I.

Anyone remember me posting about a female dane needing a home? She has one - she's gone to live with a retired couple on acreage so great news. :)

Puppies are always too cute :p

Liss (as we have decided to shorten Alice :laugh: ) is settling in well :) She has an awesome outgoing temperament and is very people orientated - much more than Jive :o It is going to be hard to let her go in a year I think as she will be a super sports dog :o

Meeting Jive

d1582bb68eb0ff4d31b671661da26815_zps50aab240.jpg

Practising being a show puppy

0f3618dc6092d78086dcd430755edea2_zps57df78e0.jpg

With my ponies, Diva is a palomino but her son is actually a buckskin :) He just has lots of "frosting" in his mane and tail... particularly his tail which is more frosting than black :rofl:

I do have "normal" coloured ponies as well though :)

Gatsby is my other foal and is now 4 months old

62ce6933f861c86803543c425d753b68_zpsd9998036.jpg

Your 'normal' coloured foal is just as gorgeous! Such a rich colour and so glossy!

I could never give a dog back after a year! I fall in love with them. :o She's very pretty! I love that colour in Lappies. :)

Ptolomy, your puppy is adorable! Are you kidding about the three year old? Did one of yours do something naughty? :angeldevil:

I probably should have mentioned this before the tour rather than after but I presumed you guys would all have known about Ian Dunbar coming to Perth because you are mostly into obedience, I went to day 3 of the seminar today. :thumbsup:

Lots of fun, he's hysterically funny! I have an appalling habit of falling into a digestive coma after lunch in lectures/seminars but not so today!! Learned lots about what I've been doing right, what I've been doing wrong, and what I've almost had right but can improve upon and simplify for the dogs. His methods make perfect sense!

Anyway, did anyone else go?

Sounds like an interesting seminar.

About to enter my second rally-o trial... After me stuffing up my first one I wasnt going to bother, but we have to learn from our mistakes.... Rubystar, sorry I wasnt chatty the other night, I was just really dissapointed and wanted to get home. I think I put WAAAYYY too much pressure on us to pass.

Horty I went, and we spoke :) I need to make up a to-do list from my notes today before I forget what my shorthand means :laugh:

Ahhh! Of course - 2 kelpies! :) Is that how you and our Belgian shepherd owning friend got chatting - realised you were both DOL people? Did you put your name and email address on the list that was going around for course notes? I'm hoping we get the notes for all three days but I don't know if I'll be that lucky. If you didn't see the list come around, pm me your email and I'll forward them on. I'm glad I skipped out on the last hour - my other friend told me I didn't miss much and it meant I got home in time for us to take the dogs out for a walk and dinner at Dome :)

Ahhh! Of course - 2 kelpies! :) Is that how you and our Belgian shepherd owning friend got chatting - realised you were both DOL people? Did you put your name and email address on the list that was going around for course notes? I'm hoping we get the notes for all three days but I don't know if I'll be that lucky. If you didn't see the list come around, pm me your email and I'll forward them on. I'm glad I skipped out on the last hour - my other friend told me I didn't miss much and it meant I got home in time for us to take the dogs out for a walk and dinner at Dome :)

I think (from memory) I saw Mashlee post on DOL a while ago and realised we live around the corner from each other :) So we catch up for Indie and the kelps to run around like lunatics together every now and again :laugh:

I didn't put my name down, because I had bought someone else's ticket so I was kinda incognito :o I asked a friend to forward me the notes, but thanks for the offer :) I found the last session helpful but more for things that relate to herding like teaching a straight send-away; a lot of the heeling and off-leash stuff was repeated from earlier. But I had about half the drive home that you did so I understand you wanting to take off! Yum Dome :)