Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Oh yeah, bringing DOL together :p lol jokes jokes! It was beneficial for me, but extremely tiring in the end. There are a few things I would like to try, however with the case of differential reinforcement I think I would need to work on dexterity and timing before I even thought about trying it. I like it in theory though.

Damn that's cute! Is that Jive and Alice?

Oh Mashlee, what was 'differential reinforcement' again? In layman's terms? He tended to label fairly simple principles - I remember the principles but not necessarily the names!

Never mind, curiosity and impatience to know the answer got the better of me and I googled it! :laugh:

Edited by hortfurball

hey does anyone know of a good behaviourist or trainer NOR. I have a friend with a really clingy Cavalier. It has separation anxiety issues. Im not sure how bad is it, but apparently it gets plenty of exercise and attention but is still very needy. I think it must be close to a year old now and its still quite mouthy. Any suggestions of training routines she could try before she goes to a behaviourist?

Edited by ncarter

hey does anyone know of a good behaviourist or trainer NOR. I have a friend with a really clingy Cavalier. It has separation anxiety issues. Im not sure how bad is it, but apparently it gets plenty of exercise and attention but is still very needy. I think it must be close to a year old now and its still quite mouthy. Any suggestions of training routines she could try before she goes to a behaviourist?

I would recommend K9 Positive Works (http://www.facebook.com/K9PositiveWorks), very smart and dedicated behavioural trainer with lots of sep. anxiety experience.

Edited by TheLBD

We're a boring lot lately, aren't we? laugh.gif

Someone must have some news, or something to talk about?!

Not me, nothing going on here embarrass.gif 2 more week until I go back to uni, so there goes spare time! But I'm at the stage now where I'm looking forward to it for something to do :p Ask me again in a month and I'll be over it again!

That's interesting, mirawee. I can't tell if they are only after show dogs, or obedience/agility ones, too. It is calling for obedience/agility judges, but mentions its open to show people. So I dunno laugh.gif I wonder what the project is, does anyone have any inside info? smile.gif

lol, yup not much going on here either, apart from Louis actually played with another dog at the weekend :eek::thumbsup: see photo section.

Mirawee, your new foal and pup are both adorable! and hope you find a home for your girl soon ptolomey - gorgeous pups too :D

pfft - only 3 mirawee ;) when I was a groom (about 25yrs ago now :laugh: ) we had 10 to prep every day for 2 weeks when it was Hickstead :eek:

pfft - only 3 mirawee ;) when I was a groom (about 25yrs ago now :laugh: ) we had 10 to prep every day for 2 weeks when it was Hickstead :eek:

How many people did you have though :p I get to do it all on my own :rofl: Including a yearling for his first show, Diva who has been on maternity leave for nearly 2 years now and Nova hasn't been to a show in a year either :p Plus I have Diva's foal Dare to prep for a show on the Sunday so will probably wash him on Friday and hope he stays clean in the paddock while the others are at the Saturday show.

RS, I have to admit I like the idea of testing your dog out in lots of areas (which is why Ani would be the Lappy of choice ;) ) but am a bit worried about how they would be portrayed...