Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Was linked on the FB post on WA Dog Shows. Here it is

Probably wouldn't surprise anyone to hear that I know that great dane! :) (and his handler) Some of you showies might have seen Tiny at the shows too :)

I think this Top Dog Downunder can only be a positive thing for the purebred world. Why not help promote purebreds in any way that we can! I think it's just for a bit of fun. Obviously the chi isn't going to beat the dane in strength, but it does in portability so by default, the show will highlight how different breeds are suited to different people. Dumb dogs take longer to learn and smart dogs are all good, but not everyone wants a dog that can outsmart them! :laugh:

I met the perfect example of 'wrong fit' today. An older couple who are not very mobile (He's attached to an oxygen tank and she can't move far without a chair) and they have an older staffy (not a bad fit) and what appears to be a 15 month old chi x jack russell x ADHD child. Their DIL occasionally walks the chi/JR/devil dog, but it's basically going nuts with boredom and is bouncing off the walls so they muzzle it when they go out so it can't destroy anything in the house. The only exercise this girl gets is to play chasey with the staffy in a very small backyard. Thankfully the staffy is only too delighted to play! I'm only there to do some gardening but I've offered to teach the pup some basic tricks to keep her brain active, and show them how to continue with the training once she clicks into the 'training is GOOD' mindset. I'm also recommending brain testing dog toys, where they have to work to get their treat by figuring out how to twist and open the toy.

Good luck to all those competing at the Classic over the weekend. thumbsup1.gif

May the rain gods look after us....let it rain during the day but be dry by night. rofl1.gif

It will be interesting to see how the new format for the obedience challenge goes this year with only 1 ring running at a time.

Hopefully not to many will be affected by the fires & the road closures tonight,a number of dog folk are up that way & been evacuated or can't get in or can't get out.

A few dog people went bush walking last night to get home & another was allowed back in around 11 am .

Makaela the Junior handler representing Australia at CRUFTS won RU BIS with the XOLOITZCUINTLE, Ch Besitos Naca (Hoover) IMP USA, I have a little clip, because its not often we win, and I have to keep checking that its real!

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

Makaela the Junior handler representing Australia at CRUFTS won RU BIS with the XOLOITZCUINTLE, Ch Besitos Naca (Hoover) IMP USA, I have a little clip, because its not often we win, and I have to keep checking that its real!

Oh that is magic - enjoy cloud 9 and huge congratulations thumbsup1.gif

Very well done :) You must be so proud of them both :)

I am very PROUD, Mak is a fantastic person, all the Juniors that handle the dogs are just lovely. I am grateful to them all for putting the breed on the map. I was very happy last night, if we never win again, thats fine, I have experienced the thrill of knowing we did our very best and i know they looked great!

Congratulations WX - what a huge buzz :thumbsup:

Any other results from the WC? Obedience? Agility?

Oh yes, TSD - Ptolomy and bedazzled have lots of news ... they may still be surfacing :rofl: . And RV - you have a brag too :laugh: .