Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Perthites, I need some help please. I'm looking for a dog beach that is north of Cottesloe and south of Hillarys and that has short/easy access from the beach to the carpark. I want to take Casper to the beach when it's too hot for our normal walk but he is not very mobile now and cannot handle a long walk or lots of steps. Any suggestions?

Scarborough or South City beach? I'm not sure of the access I'm afraid as haven't been to either of them myself - Google satellite might help?

http://www.gooddog.info/beach/scarborough.htm

http://www.gooddog.info/beach/southcity.htm

I know you said North of Cott, but Leighton is one we go to and is just on the south side of Cott - there always seems to be a friendly bunch of people and dogs there.

From the car park by the pedestrian flyover, there is a short gentle slope down to the beach.

http://www.gooddog.info/beach/leighton.htm

As a kid we used to take our GR to what we called North Cottesloe Beach.

I just looked at the website for The Town of Cottesloe and it says

Dog Excercise Areas

Dogs are allowed to exercise on the following beaches:

All year round at South Cottesloe Beach which is defined as that area from the south or small groyne at Beach Street all the way south to Mosman Beach.

Dogs have restricted access to the Vera View Beach before 10am and after 4pm from 1 October to 31 March each year.

From memory there was a little bit of reef but otherwise a lovely beach with very easy access, basically I think it's between Eric St and North St :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone in Perth knows someone who's missing her, I found this friendly girl this morning. She was roaming near Bibra Lake primary school. She had no collar and has some abrasions on her muzzle (possibly from escaping?) She was very friendly, albeit a bit stressed. She had a lovely shiny coat and was well-nourished. She has been taken to Cockburn pound. I'm sure someone is missing her:

1462968_10151905687344682_844082943_n.jpg

• 6 months later...

...talking about winter:

walking my 2 dogs this morning early at 6am along Canning River I met exactly 2 other fellow dog walkers during 1 hour when it's usually about 20+..so I'm wondering whether it's the dogs being 'afraid' of water or their owners? :laugh:

mine don't mind at all and towels to dry them off are waiting at the door.

One of mine is not impressed by rain...

This morning - I saw it was raining so I coated Trixie and stood outside to make her go to the toilet (she hates rain and has been known to pretend to go outside then sneakily pee inside). She took one step outside and tried to come back inside - I kept telling her to go, eventually she followed the other dog out and went and ran inside. Then a bit later I was trying to put her into the kitchen section (baby gated) before I left - well I'm pretty sure she thought I was going to make her go out into the horrible rain again because she kept running away from me, then when I followed her she did the stop and drop onto the back! I picked her up and she was visibly relieved when I put her in front of her crate instead of making her go out in the rain again :rofl: Definitely a Summer dog that one.

One of mine is not impressed by rain...

This morning - I saw it was raining so I coated Trixie and stood outside to make her go to the toilet (she hates rain and has been known to pretend to go outside then sneakily pee inside). She took one step outside and tried to come back inside - I kept telling her to go, eventually she followed the other dog out and went and ran inside. Then a bit later I was trying to put her into the kitchen section (baby gated) before I left - well I'm pretty sure she thought I was going to make her go out into the horrible rain again because she kept running away from me, then when I followed her she did the stop and drop onto the back! I picked her up and she was visibly relieved when I put her in front of her crate instead of making her go out in the rain again :rofl: Definitely a Summer dog that one.

haha, Jessie does that when I try to bath her (not more often thatn 1xyear)she loves the pool, the river, the rain, but when I command her to go upstairs where the bathroom is she knows what lies before her.

However, I have another rain avoiding individual at home, but this one is called 'husband'... this morning he was relieved that he had an early meeting in the office and pretended to be very sorry to miss our daily walk..

Someone told me the lure coursing was really busy and you pretty much waited around all day and then got one run - has it improved now that it has been around for a bit CC? I think Trixie would loveeee it but we have an agility trial that day.

There is waiting around as that is the nature of the event, only one dog can run at a time, but I was there with my camera and enjoyed watching the other dogs run. There was a great feel to the day - a friend ran her dog in the afternoon 'fun runs' and had two runs with about an hour wait in between each one. It was lovely to see all the different breeds having a go and enjoying themselves :)

We went to the luring day - will be going again this Sunday to the fastest dog in Australia day - was good fun, lots of waiting, but we used that time to catch up with friends etc... Was a good day out!

Thinking about taking my camera this time, haven't done much action photography lately so will be a good challenge!