Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

It was a challenge taking pics periwinkle, I took about 900 and ended up with about 100 ok ones! Did I get any of your dog? Photos in the link :)

https://www.flickr.com/gp/56265770@N02/4p09YM/

Great pics CrazyCresties! So many gorgeous flying dogs!!

Can everyone participate in the fun events or is there a certain training necessary? Will not be able to have a look on Sunday, but there is another event on the 6th July.

Cheers

Birgit

Edited by Birkat

News Update - we are expecting babies here - 4th July. Nothing has gone to plan so it will be interesting to see what happens from here on in.

Congratulations, hope it goes smoothly for all involved!

Yup you got this one CC -

I know who you are now, I was talking to you, was standing with Chewy & another dog Taia and had my little 2yo girl with me and my kelpie willow

Ah, hi again :wave:

Just busy laugh.gif I forgot about this thread! How is everyone going? :)

actually RS just wanted to ask you something. Whats a pet lab cost you from a reg breeder with the hip n elbow scoring and the PRA and the EIC testing. Got a friend who has fallen in love with the gumtree lab with the no health testing. She is kinda committed too pup having paid deposit and such. She has seen both parents and both seem like happy healthy dogs. So it may turn out ok but I was thinking price from a reg breeder would only be 1000-1500 anyway and lots of choices being a popular breed?

hey does anyone know can you still buy hardifence from bunnings? or preferably im trying to get some 2nd hand panels cheap from gumtree or the quokka but they seem to be scarce. I want to replace 8 panels in my boundary fence. Only one panel is broken, they are leaning over though. But still im trying to do it cheap as I can only expect the neighbour to contribute to half of the one broken panel.

and has anyone painted hardifence? and did it improve the appearance? my backyard and the neighbours shed together look like some kind of horrible fibre cement jungle.

Edited by ncarter

hey does anyone know can you still buy hardifence from bunnings? or preferably im trying to get some 2nd hand panels cheap from gumtree or the quokka but they seem to be scarce. I want to replace 8 panels in my boundary fence. Only one panel is broken, they are leaning over though. But still im trying to do it cheap as I can only expect the neighbour to contribute to half of the one broken panel.

and has anyone painted hardifence? and did it improve the appearance? my backyard and the neighbours shed together look like some kind of horrible fibre cement jungle.

Yep you can get it from Bunnings and yep have seen it painted - it looked fine.

Thanks Birkat :) The fun runs require no previous experience. My friend brought this little one along who won't even chase a ball, but he instantly took to it and chased the lure like a pro!

14274212206_966032eb2c_z.jpg

Cool, I have already put the 6th into my calendar! I'm sure my Aussie will love it, not sure about my Bernese girl, she usually happily leaves the ballchasing to the Aussie.... :D

Could I have a temperature check for WA?

Freezing here on the East Coast.

Making time to move noises so getting prepared.

Subject to the area, are there dog friendly places?

:D

Are you moving to WA??

There is an awesome dog park that has opened up in Mt Lawley/Inglewood. It is fenced in for off lead dogs and has logs for agility and a good drinking bowl with tap. There seems to be a group of very dog savvy people who frequent it and I have had awesome times there with Ronin.

I was thinking of organising a meet up with WA DoLers sometime soon. I am not sure if I would recommend it for nervous or toy breeds though as there are mostly mid to larger dogs that go there. Having said that, I have seen some very small dogs there, but most of us will then put a lead on and leave so as to avoid any potential problems. I was worried the other day when a couple of toy poodles and a trio of mini-schanusers arrived. But there was a bunch of mid sized dogs so they mainly played together. I was a bit worried when a bite-sized white fluffy ran up and barked at my 24kg Husky puppy - luckily he behaved well, but I grabbed hold of his collar just in case.

There are lots of cafes where you can take your dog as well as designated beach and river areas for dogs.