Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

It's like I would be semi curious to start up a 'Rare Retriever Breeds' club for Chessie's, Toller's, Flat Coats and Curly Coats. I know Flat Coats have a national club but none of these breeds has a club in WA (and most of these breeds dont have a club anywhere in Australia).

Guest belgian.blue

Could someone please write down easy directions to Leighton dog beach?

Maybe the closest cross road/traffic lights?

Really want to start going there this summer!

Hey :)

Geraldton has the best facilities for a country club & runs well organised shows ;)

You should try out our good old country hospitality sometime :)

Hey, there is no doubt about well run shows... just not driving 5 hours for nothing!!!

Although last time it was advertised as sashes for BIG/RUIG at the open show.... and they werent handed out, as they had run out - i was dissapointed as my boy got BIG!!!

Hi ........ I have some news :laugh:

We get our Ridgeback puppy two weeks on friday :eek:

She's a show dog and we're totally new to the showing side of things, not quite sure how we'll cope but we're willing to give it a go! How soon do you have to start booking your place, do I wait till we have her? Not too sure what her show name is yet and I assumed you'd have to put this on the form :confused: . Here's a photo of Nala

th_2009_1113sun8-fri13-23-28days0085.jpg

Woo-Hoo only two weeks to go Daydreamer!!! Better get lots of sleeps in before then :( ... Seriously tho,

HOW EXCITING :thumbsup::cry:

On the showing side of things - there will be heaps of WA peoples willing to help you believe me! But ridgy specific, rijbiz and wash are two WA ridgy showers. I used to be but sadly not anymore :cry: . So any questions - PM those guys! Regarding the show entries, each show has a closing date for entries. The bi-monthly DogsWest magazine has all the show ads in it - when you get your girl, you will need to become a member of CAWA/DogsWest to show your dog. Im sure your breeder will help you out with all the rego and related stuff!!

Im pretty sure someone takes showing classes at DogsWest too, very helpful if youre a newby!

Good luck with your new kid too, enjoy her while she is still "small". They grow so damn fast, I can barely remember what Zola was like as a baby!

I hope you get some more useful info from more experienced showies than me!!!!!

Rat

PS - How was Albany guys??

Hey :thumbsup:

Geraldton has the best facilities for a country club & runs well organised shows :cry:

You should try out our good old country hospitality sometime :cry:

Hey, there is no doubt about well run shows... just not driving 5 hours for nothing!!!

Although last time it was advertised as sashes for BIG/RUIG at the open show.... and they werent handed out, as they had run out - i was dissapointed as my boy got BIG!!!

:( I was my fault that we didn't get the Group ribbons up in time but all the group winners were told that if they wanted their ribbons that we would post them!!!..............all you had to do was write down your name & address :cry:

I'll get one for you if you still want it???

DayDreamer............ if you want you can give us a call over the weekend or any time this week (gotta love 6 weeks holidays) and we can go over the questions you have and steer you in the right direction....... 2 weeks 3 days to go.....

Regards P & K.

trust me, puppy breath it is an acquired smell which doesn't last long and you will miss as soon as "loosing teeth" breath sets in :shrug:

That's for sure :laugh:

Mine has 'losing teeth breath', blerk!

Enjoy your puppy, they are so adorable when they are little babies :love: If only they came pre programmed though :rofl: