Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I am really not sure what breed I am interested in probably Border Collies, Cattledogs or something like that =) I am not completely sold on what my next dog will be, but I have a couple of years at least to decide

What about an Australian Shepherd :laugh: I like Borders, Cattledogs and Kelpies but an Aussie is top of the list for me. Hoping my girl will give me a new show prospect sometime in the not too distant future so that I can get back to showing.

Only 3 more sleeps before our puppy arrives :)

We are new to showing and my daughter is wanting to do some show training (she's 16 in march) just wondered if anyone had done the show handling at canine centre in cannington?

I enquired about the junior handlers for her but the dog has to be at least 12 months old :)

Any advice/recommendations very welcome :laugh:

Cant help re the training Daydreamer, but perhaps someone that shows and has an older experienced dog and some time on their hands may let your daughter "borrow" a dog to get her into junior handling.

Good luck with it!

I did a bit of showing with my girl, we didnt get very far - she never won anything substantial, but I had fun while I was doing it! Most of the show people are friendly and helpful, so just jump right in!!

Rat

Daydreamer there are several show handling classes for all ages at the canine centre check out the website. I am not sure but they might be winding down for the year...

uuuuuh not sure on the BIS resutls lab rat sorry!! I did title Ari my Weimaraner though!!

I really like the look of a the Aussie Shepherd =) and have met one in person that I loved

I suppose when I am ready for another dog the looking into breeders and stuff will help me decide on what breed and depending on what I am doing at the time

I just graduated High School and heading to tafe next year, so probably after I have found a job will think about getting my first papered doggie =)

Jenn Lawrence - Wolfproud training on Thursday nights - 7pm, I think $10!! She trains for conformation handling, and I know she also trains a junior handler amongst that training. I would say training begins again on the week beginning the 4th, as I THINK thats when the k9 opens again.

Bunbury - I got Best of Breed and Junior in Group Saturday, Reserve CC and Junior in Group Sunday.

Standard Poodle (Jacquis White boy Flynn) was BIS sunday :eek: with the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier RUBIS

I cant remember saturday now :)

saw the xolo's, but didnt have time to stop

Well done to Sparky & Cruise!! Good weekend then?? Sorry I didnt make it with choccy cake but I had NS Saturday & Sunday nights! Its toooo long to be awake if I dont have a little nanna nap before going to work!

Hope the weather wasnt too hot for you all.

I havent seen the Xolos for a while now as I havent been to obendience training for quite a while :o Hopefully I can get it together enough to get there next year :laugh:

I guess Ill have to head to Perth in the early part of the year to see the new little Chessie baby - hows the waiting game going valleywa??

Rat

Every day is dragging longer! I brought him a bed and toy today and booked his flights yesterday! But of course Toby ended up with the toy..... I also booked puppy kindy. So excited!!!

I was thinking of coming down to Bunbury for a show on the 7th of Feb but he will miss out on being old enough by 4 days. :o I will be at Western Classic for sure though. My pup is AKC registered now and soon to be ANKC registered!

Guest belgian.blue

Was wondering if any Perthies would be interested in having a doggy play date with me and my friendly Belgian?

PM me if you are interested :heart: