Muscle Wastage With Predisolone

Bokezu

It will take a long time before you can go a day without tears Boke.

What you are doing is coping, though it may not seem like it.

It is amazing how we cope cause we have to, but it is so difficult when you have lost someone as precious as your little man Jordy.

I still think about you each day and what you and Kevin are going through.

Hugs to you,

Dyz

:rolleyes:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bokezu - Angs' collar was a bit large for me to carry around - but I have his tag from his collar (it was a Superman one engraved with his name to reflect his battles) on my key chain so it is always with me and as silly as it sounds, have found myself rubbing my thumb over it on a number of occasions and find it comforting.

Bokezu - Angs' collar was a bit large for me to carry around - but I have his tag from his collar (it was a Superman one engraved with his name to reflect his battles) on my key chain so it is always with me and as silly as it sounds, have found myself rubbing my thumb over it on a number of occasions and find it comforting.

:laugh: oohh Danois I am so pleased to hear you say that..........I touch or rub his collar whenever I can and it gives me a great feeling of comfort too. It was a brand new collar that I got from US and he never normally wore a collar at all, unless going to a show or out somewhere..... but to take him into the vet I put it on him, they never took it off him, he wore it for the 7 days he was there. We took it off him before we put him in the car for his journey home, my husband clipped it around his belt and wore it there for two days before handing it to me with tears in his eyes. I take great comfort in having it with me all the time........

I hope Angs and Jordy and Diesel are having fun tonight :)

Now, you've got me started again :confused:

We always do these little rituals and things to help us feel closer to our lost loved ones.

When Ruby passed away I kept touching and rubbing all her things. You just want them to come back so much, it aches.

I remember just laying in bed crying and sleeping for 2 days. OH was so worried about me, he didn't know what to do. Everytime I woke up I would start crying again, and he said I was often sobbing and heaving in my sleep. I just did not have the strength or bother to get up.

OH put Dyzney up on the bed in desperation, and it did help. We hugged for hrs and I cried some more, and then eventually I got up to get her a treat.

I clung to Dyzney for days in efforts to get some normality back into my life. She really helped me at that time. Of course OH was fantastic too. He knew how much Ruby meant to me.

The only good that I can think of that has come out of Ruby passing, was my relationship with Dyzney becoming so strong. and that is why, (as you can imagine) my shock and horror when the vets told me she had IMT also 2 years later.

Danois, that is sad, but sweet. You must miss your boy terribly.

Edited by dyzney

Bokezu, I too keep collars and tags. i still have them from the 70's. It is a great comfort.

Dyzney :rofl:

Jordan, such a lovely wonderful boy. Heartbreaking. :love: The pain must be awful. I hope you and OH can find some solace somehow Bokezu. :confused: I still talk to my dogs in the garden too, in their special place. I KNOW they are with me.

Even now if I see a dog that reminds me of one of mine, I break down. If I had any advice on how to cope I would give it, but I don't. So sorry.xxxxxxxxxxxx

I only came into this thread to read about muscle wastage with dogs on Pred - my girl is on it short term for rhinitis...................I am so sorry for your beautiful Jordan, Bokezu. RIP you gorgeous red dog you!

I had never heard of this disease, but have now learned something new. How horrible for all thatve been in here for their precious dogs to have to suffer such an insidious disease :)

I am thinking of you Bokezu, and your husband. And carrying his collar around in your bag is just normal to me!!! It made me smile too - every time you put you hand in there and touch his collar, you will think of your beautiful boy when he was healthy & happy, and I hope it will make you smile, if not now, then in the future!

Big Hugs - Rat

Edited by Lab_Rat

Bokezu ..... I am very sorry for your loss, but applaud you for the courage of your efforts to help your boy. He's in a good place now and I hope that he has met up with my RR (avatar) girl who waits me on the other side of the bridge. :) RIP Jordan.

I too have my girl's collar and tag. It is very special and silly as it might seem, I do not use it on my current boy. He too will have his special collar made up, just as I did for my girl. In the early days after saying goodbye to my girl, her collar and tags came with me and I too took comfort from this and I suspect that one day, when it is my current boy's time to say goodbye, his collar and tags will hold their special place and offer that comfort in the early raw days of parting, as well.

My heartfelt condolences to you and your OH. :rofl:

Thank you Lab_Rat and poodlefan and Erny......... its so nice when people care enough to let you know they are thinking of you :rofl: its so hard to come to grips with, its just been one week today since Jordy left us

Edited by Bokezu