Hardening Of Heart Wall In A 13yr Old Epileptic Iggy!

fiery_di

Has an ultrasound on Bobby today as he was not at all well this morning!! Staggering, hardly being able to stand and basically favouring one side whilst walking in a straight line and pretty much toppling over.

We thought the worst, thought we were going to have to give our goodbyes, but the vet has given him these new 'miracle' drugs that he said we should notice a difference in 3-5 days!!

So, what I am needing to understand/know is what situations made things worse for your dog? What was the prognosis/time frame given?? And just any other helpful information would be great!!

I am realistic in the fact that Bobby is 13. He is epileptic, and he is an Iggy, not the most robust of breeds. Hence why I guess I post in the palliative care as there is a noticed decline in his demeanour these past few weeks.

Di I don't have any real advice, just wanted to wish you all the best with him...

Sadly most of the things I googled for dogs and Atherosclerosis were scientists testing on dogs for human benefit - not the nicest of reading material. I do believe that the hardening of the heart wall is from cholesterol and the dog not processing it properly (please correct me if I am wrong, that is just what I read from my research this morning)... A change in diet my give some relief and better quality of life for the time he has left with you.

Have you contacted an holistic vet for consultation - I know I harp on the holistic side of things but Ollie is now 4 years post dxd and they said he would only be here for 12-18 months. I know not everyone will have the grand success that we have had but I do believe that the change in diet and supplements have made all the difference to his quality of life.