Puppy On Heat At 21 Weeks?!?!

Leithy

21 weeks, so 5 months old. Not something I would expect if she is a Great Dane, but otherwise very possible :-)

Many vets won't spay an in season bitch so I would talk to the vet about it if it's desperately urgent to have her spayed now... but I wouldn't leave it until the 30th, if you are going to get her spayed while she's in season do it sooner rather than later.

not too common but not unheard of in the smaller breeds

I would check it isnt vaginitis or something else. If she is in season, wait until it's completely over to have her speyed. It's nothing to panic about just keep her locked up and any outside time have her on lead.

Okies as long as I know it's normal ish... did not expect it all, Meg was desexed at nine months (dachshund) and never went on heat, so this is a bit weird haha.

Now I just gotta ask the Vet if he can still desex her.

Ta guys

you should wait until she is finished. During season there is swelling, a lot of bloodflow to the area and vascularisation.

It makes it more difficult for vet and dog. Frankly I would wait until she is finished completely, everything back to normal for a week or two then take her.

you should wait until she is finished. During season there is swelling, a lot of bloodflow to the area and vascularisation.

It makes it more difficult for vet and dog. Frankly I would wait until she is finished completely, everything back to normal for a week or two then take her.

+1 on this. I couldn't agree more.

They are normally pretty good, Meg's just turned one year old so I'm hoping they will be best mates. They have a pretty good routine, they go crazy without each other because they get too bored.

Thanks for the advice, I hope they dont get nasty with each other!

They are normally pretty good, Meg's just turned one year old so I'm hoping they will be best mates. They have a pretty good routine, they go crazy without each other because they get too bored.

Thanks for the advice, I hope they dont get nasty with each other!

I had a mother and daughter who were always with each other, slept together, ate together, played together, got into trouble together.

Mother came into season, and pinned daughter down and tried to rip her throat out.

Daughter had to have fluid filled sacks from the injury drained from her throat!

NEVER trust bitches, they fight to the death.

Tilba had her 1st heat at 10 m/o. I had always planned on getting her spayed after her 1st season which I did. But after reading about possible complications from having it done too soon afterwards I waited 4 mths. With your little girl coming in so soon, I wouldn't wait that long because she may cycle more often than the usual twice a year. But I would wait 4-6 weeks at least. Keep her away from other dogs, only outside in your yard if it's totally secure under supervision. You need to do this for at least 3 weeks.

Tilba was really good at the time, nothing like I was expecting. She only spotted blood every other day for a couple of weeks & was happy to spend most of the time inside.

problems usually crop up when the younger reaches 18 months +, mature enough to hold their ground and behave like an adult. You have two closely aged dogs and if you dont make yourself supreme ruler then one of them will take it upon themselves to do it.

Not saying it will, just that it is a high chance so keep an eye on things and nip anything in the bud as soon as you see it.