Worn Canines

Guest RosieFT

Guest RosieFT

I was hoping somebody might tell me why my dog - smooth fox terrier- has now 4 canines without points??? She is 19months old.

yes, she loves to chase the ball, but I never leave her with a ball and ensure it is packed away after a game of fetch, so she is not chewing on the ball. Would this still be enough to wear her teeth?

She is fed royal canin kibble, and also eats raw chicken wings and necks as a staple diet. i assume these soft bones would not be causing the wearing effect?

She also appears to get spring allergies, so will nibble a bit on herself, but this is not extreme - I had read that dogs with severe allergies get worn teeth from chomping on the abrasive fur.

Anyone else have flattened canines in their dogs??

thanks in advance.

Edited by RosieFT

One of my dogs has worn canines also. His teeth were like that when he came here as a rescue. I don’t know his history, however he is ball obsessed so I guess it’s possible it was caused by excessive tennis ball chewing in his previous life. But I really don't know the cause.

Kyzer is ball mad (and I think he's a bit older than Rosie??) but his teeth are fine, he only ever really has Cuz balls though, no tennis balls.

Maybe it's the tennis ball even when it is supervised?

Can you throw them out and replace them with the Air Kong tennis balls (I believe they are non abrasive?) Perhaps kill the squeaker first for sanity reasons :)