Rare Dog Breeds

poodlefan

Poodlefan,

I'm looking for something more in a permanent puppy as I prefer the puppy breath/cuteness stage , but obviously expect it will be fully house trained, obedient, and would prefer it to be a titled crossbred with a ridiculous name. Of course, I'll expect to pay big bucks for it, because it will be of a special "designer" nature? What have you got that would suit?? :xmaswelcome::laugh:

I love this thread!

I think you could be a puppy walker for pf and just exchange for a younger version when 6 months old and ready for breeding from.

Jokes aside (but only for a moment :eek: ) I think this is one of the factors that has shaped the development of some toy breeds. Large eyes (in comparison to head size) and small stature do maintain a puppy look for life in some breeds.

It's called neoteny, the retention of juvenile features into adulthood and is believed by some as you said PF to have played a part in the selection/evolution process of some domestic dogs, see excerpt from wikipedia:

"pets, such as dogs—which share many physical features with the immature wolf (these same traits were found during the development of the tame silver fox). Such puppy-like traits may have made early dogs seem "cute" and less threatening than wolves, leading to both natural and artificial selection of such dogs."

Okay lesson over back to the fun! :rofl:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Anyhoo, yes of course my dogs come with a warranty! All breeding stock is health tested. If it breathes, it's healthy ain't it? shrug.gif"

Dear pf, Have you been talking to John Cleese re warranty? He was involved in a line of parrots that - if the same "stillness" traits could be incorporated in your new line of dogs - could be real winners for those owners not wanting to exercise or poo scoop after the more active ones? This could open up a whole new branch of DDs - for people who want a dog but have no intentions of doing a thing with it. They would only require dusting occaisionally, no food, water or even a fence!!!

Think on it, could be a real money spinner.

It's not dead, it's sleeping.

Or pining for the Fjords!

Poodlefan - this is a great idea!!! I'm assuming that these new fancy breed are self-grooming, unlike my ordinary, now out-moded, poodles :xmaswelcome:

Always enjoy your thread & posts but this one desrves a "DOL Theard Of The Year" award :laugh:

PF, you really do need to get some of those TDT superbreeders. Its not just 3 litters they can pump out, some do even MORE than that !!!! :xmaswelcome:

See here: "Some animals are kept in cages turning out three or more litters a year for five years, before being put down."

Now wait, before you go rushing out to find these little beauties, if you do get your paws on some - promise me one thing.

Before you put them down, that you will make them look specially pretty and put one of those fascinators on them, like the one you have on the Jungle Rockwheeler. They need to leave in style after pumping out all those puppies for you, dont ya think?

Souff

Id like to place an order for a reverse colour doberpoo, meaning tan with black markings.

Im only interested in colour, dont care about working ability or show prospect. And I want it on main register so that I can start my own competing to yours PF Shonkbred prefix.

I will be breedign ONLY for colour.

Edited by MonElite

Poodlefan

bless your little cotton socks...

This has to be the best thread I have ever read.... :xmaswelcome:

Now what can you entice me with in a bull terrier????? money is no option :eek: ooooh I def want something that

I can start pumping out puppies with asap cause I got a good backyard, its huge measures 5 metres x 3 metres :laugh::rofl:

Edited by Chopperlodge

Id like to place an order for a reverse colour doberpoo, meaning tan with black markings.

Im only interested in colour, dont care about working ability or show prospect. And I want it on main register so that I can start my own competing to yours PF Shonkbred prefix.

I will be breedign ONLY for colour.

All my pups go on OZKC Main Register. It's good for families to experience the joy of birth!! It's even better for my investment in veterinary practices. :laugh: Of course I make my stud dogs available and have lots of bitches out on mulitple litter terms. Sure cuts the workload down here at Deshonko and you can charge for pup, they pay for its upkeep and you get the profit. :rofl:

I seriously recommend you reconsider your narrow breeding strategy here Shonkbred. You can sell the "rare" colours for $$$$ but sheer numbers of pups sold add up ya know. :xmaswelcome: Helps compensate you for the time consuming job of dealing with buyers whose rare coloured Dobes go bald too.

Don't worry about temperament or ability. You can blame any problems on the owners if you word it carefully. What ever they've done, tell them they should have done something else and feign concern - works a treat. :eek:

I'll see what I can come up with in Bull Terriers..

Edited by poodlefan

Look, I'm not very happy about some of the PMs I'm getting :laugh:

Yes, all orders will be filled with delivery by Christmas Eve. If it's whelps this week its available.. I can ship em aged 5 weeks - any longer cuts into my profit margins anyway.

What do you want papers for.. go to the newsagents and get yesterdays for free.. they're fine for toilet training. If you absolutely insist, I'm sure I can knock some up.

And yes, of course the OZKC has a code of ethics.. :thumbsup: I wrote it.

Here it is.

OZKC CODE OF ETHICS

:)

Edited by poodlefan

Poodlefan,

I'm looking for something more in a permanent puppy as I prefer the puppy breath/cuteness stage , but obviously expect it will be fully house trained, obedient, and would prefer it to be a titled crossbred with a ridiculous name. Of course, I'll expect to pay big bucks for it, because it will be of a special "designer" nature? What have you got that would suit?? :laugh::)

I love this thread!

I think you could be a puppy walker for pf and just exchange for a younger version when 6 months old and ready for breeding from.

Jokes aside (but only for a moment ;) ) I think this is one of the factors that has shaped the development of some toy breeds. Large eyes (in comparison to head size) and small stature do maintain a puppy look for life in some breeds.

Oi Becks.. can I interest you in a nice black Schnauzer?? Colour guaranteed not to wash out - I'll use permanent dye. :thumbsup:

Given that I have poodles and a Whippet, its probably not surprising that I find the Bedlingtons a very attractive breed. I'm not sure I'm cut out to deal with a true terrier temperament but gee there are some nice looking Beddies in the ring around here from time to time. :)

Actually, I've always wanted a red schnauzer, think you can get me a breeding pair by xmas? doesn't matter if they are siblings!

Actually, I've always wanted a red schnauzer, think you can get me a breeding pair by xmas? doesn't matter if they are siblings!

If I splice in some German Pinscher, we might be able to pull it off Becks.... or you could simply pick a Decore colour. :thumbsup:

Poodlefan

bless your little cotton socks...

This has to be the best thread I have ever read.... :thumbsup:

Now what can you entice me with in a bull terrier????? money is no option :) ooooh I def want something that

I can start pumping out puppies with asap cause I got a good backyard, its huge measures 5 metres x 3 metres :laugh::)

Yes I would also like a blue bull terrier, I would like it to have blue eyes and a skin-cancer resistant dermis. Also, can you please make sure that the stubborn / independent gene is removed (tweezers should do it or perhaps pliers) before you sell it to me, money is of no object, but I want one that just obeys my every command instead of staring at me whilst wondering "What's in it for me though?".

Thx I am sure this will not be a problem.

Look, I'm not very happy about some of the PMs I'm getting :)

Yes, all orders will be filled with delivery by Christmas Eve. If it's whelps this week its available.. I can ship em aged 5 weeks - any longer cuts into my profit margins anyway.

What do you want papers for.. go to the newsagents and get yesterdays for free.. they're fine for toilet training. If you absolutely insist, I'm sure I can knock some up.

And yes, of course the OZKC has a code of ethics.. :laugh: I wrote it.

Here it is.

OZKC CODE OF ETHICS

:)

:thumbsup: glad to hear you can get around the silly quarenteen rules here! I'm looking forward to your exports, as you are such an ethical breeder. I have sent my deposit via your pay pal account on your website

Poodlefan - this is a great idea!!! I'm assuming that these new fancy breed are self-grooming, unlike my ordinary, now out-moded, poodles :thumbsup:

That's what I tell the buyers PM... and by the time they've figured it out, I'm long gone.

Look, you and I know "low allergy" = "high maintenance".. but the punters don't. :laugh:

What have you got in a chi x great dane. I dont have room for a big dog but I dont want to have to bend over to pat it - can I get a small dog with really long legs???? Teacup chi with long legs would of course be better :thumbsup:

Oh and it'd be great if you could splice in a bit of working dog intelligence too - and of course, send it up at 5 weeks, thats fine, but fully trained OK?

:laugh:

:thumbsup: glad to hear you can get around the silly quarenteen rules here! I'm looking forward to your exports, as you are such an ethical breeder. I have sent my deposit via your pay pal account on your website

Is that my Nigerian or Russian account? :laugh:

I can attest to the fact that I adhere strickly to the OZKC code of ethics.

If you ship 'em as "animal derived product" you get round most of those pesky live animal quarantine rules Becks. :)

Edited by poodlefan

oooohhhhhhhhhhh I didn't even think of breeding my black maltese! Now that has got the brain ticking over!

oooooooooooooo I want more than one black maltese now! I better have 6 females and 1 male thank you :thumbsup: but make sure they don't eat much, that would eat into profit margin! maybe one should be a tan maltese coz then the pups might be black and tan and I could sell them as a teacup rockwheeler!!!! yipee!!!! :laugh:

thank you!

If I splice in some German Pinscher, we might be able to pull it off Becks.... or you could simply pick a Decore colour. :thumbsup:

GPs are already in the mix, so at least it will remain pure bread! Great, I can't wait