Books On Raw Feeding

Kavik

Two books I would recommend as I purchased these myself 3-4 yrs ago - by Dr Ian Billinghurst - "Give your Dog a Bone" and "The Barf Diet" - they can be purchased from his website below or other online stores if you google the book titles:

Dr Ian Billinghurst's Barf Website

Another book I purchased that you might be interested in is "Healthy Dogs" by Dr Barbara Fougere and this can be purchased from her Vet practice (located in Russell Lea - near Drummoyne) or by phone - below is the website - just scroll down towards the bottom and you will see the book listed.

All Natural Vet Care Website

I would recommend 'Work Wonders - feed your dog raw meaty bones' by Tom Lonsdale.

Billinghurst plans his diet information around his idea that dogs are omnivores.

Lonsdale bases his stuff on the fact that dogs are carnivores.

I agree :rofl: . 'Work Wonders' is a great book.

A book which I found really useful and far less confusing than the BARF books is "Real Food for Cats and Dogs - A practical guide to feeding your pet a natural balanced diet" by Dr Clair Middle. The lady is a vet of 25 years experience and writes in a clear, easy to understand manner. Simple to put her ideas into practice. It is published by Fremantle Press in 2008.

It contains many tips about natural feeding which do not appear in other books (eg feeding zucchini and eggplant should be avoided for itchy dogs).

Try your online local library catalogue first. (Brisbane City Council have a copy, maybe others do too).

A book which I found really useful and far less confusing than the BARF books is "Real Food for Cats and Dogs - A practical guide to feeding your pet a natural balanced diet" by Dr Clair Middle. The lady is a vet of 25 years experience and writes in a clear, easy to understand manner. Simple to put her ideas into practice. It is published by Fremantle Press in 2008.

It contains many tips about natural feeding which do not appear in other books (eg feeding zucchini and eggplant should be avoided for itchy dogs).

Try your online local library catalogue first. (Brisbane City Council have a copy, maybe others do too).

That's another good one :confused: .