Bendigo & Eaglehawk Kc Victoria

DANERANGER

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the floor slippery last year. Especiallly showing the GSDs. :wave:

I wonder why the council is letting the clubs use the shed. They normally charge $5,000 for a weekend of hire. The clubs couldn't be paying the hire fee.

I hate Rochester being on the same day as Bendigo. Years ago when they use to have them on the same day, I had a dog in Aust breed in show the last general specials class at the show. I arrived at Bendigo just in time for my breed, no time to set up or groom. I had five dogs by myself which were just shoved from trailer to trollies and rushed ring side.

Actually(brain storm) :o

I wonder if the clubs are allowed to use the shed because of the VAS Saddle Horse Championship which are on the oval in late Jan.

Edited by all4gsd

Hi all4gsd...I'm not at liberty to say how the club wrangled the pavilion, but yes your correct in saying that the cost of hire is $5000 for it.

The committee members of both Eaglehawk and Bendigo have tried very hard to ensure the comfort for dogs, exhibitors and judges alike by securing this facility. Personally I would rather the indoor facility opposed to being on the dry, sandy grounds, heat of the day, out doors!...less the gazebo setting up!

Many exhibitors will note the drop in numbers, country and metropolitan shows in the last few years, many clubs are doing their utmost to try and improve their figures.

I have no doubt Rochester show committee will do their very best to finish in time for the Bendigo show starting time...however last year many exhibitors were jumping up and down because Bendigo tried to start a little later and allow exhibitors time to travel..sometimes there is no pleasing everyone!

Well I can't wait.

I think it's great that these clubs have made such an effort to improve showing conditions for everyone involved.

Lets hope they get some good entries to show our apreciation.

What an added bonus for me :laugh: that it happens to be my local show.

I found the floor slippery last year. Especiallly showing the GSDs. :laugh:

I wonder why the council is letting the clubs use the shed. They normally charge $5,000 for a weekend of hire. The clubs couldn't be paying the hire fee.

I'm not into showing but it may have something to do with trying to attract tourism to Bendigo.

They have revamped the showgrounds in an effort to attract people and have been using recycled water to water the grounds to make it more appealing and bring visitors back to the area. Especially the horse industry.

Hi all4gsd...I'm not at liberty to say how the club wrangled the pavilion, but yes your correct in saying that the cost of hire is $5000 for it.

The committee members of both Eaglehawk and Bendigo have tried very hard to ensure the comfort for dogs, exhibitors and judges alike by securing this facility. Personally I would rather the indoor facility opposed to being on the dry, sandy grounds, heat of the day, out doors!...less the gazebo setting up!

Many exhibitors will note the drop in numbers, country and metropolitan shows in the last few years, many clubs are doing their utmost to try and improve their figures.

I'm also a local and know how hard the Eaglehawk and Bendigo Club Committee's have worked to make the indoor facility a reality again this year. I have nothing but admiration for this little band of people whose passion and determination have seen them pull off something quite remarkable. The Exhibition Centre is normally used for BIG events like national beef shows, major expos etc that have the potential the generate the kind of income to cover the cost of the venue, so it is no small achievement for these two tiny clubs to stage a weekend of dog shows there. My hat is off to Carol and the gang :-)

These clubs will have my entry on both days and I would urge everyone who is even just hinking of entering to support these shows, as the best way to help the Clubs in their quest to make this an ongoing arrangement and build a really fab weekend of summer showing in Bendigo is to make sure the shows are a success.

If you're worried about slipping on the floor, throw some wax or non-slip spray in your showbag, but don't let it stop you from enjoying a weekend of no-fuss showing in the shade, and as Daneranger says, no putting up and taking down gazebos in the heat and dust! :laugh:

JK

I'm a local too as of this year, I must join the kennel clubs. It will be a great way too meet some of the local doggy people.

But unless I have a new pup, I wont be entered. I have retired my old boy and because of the bloody grass seeds the girl I have been showing has a very large shaved patch on her neck. Show side of course. I think it will be a year untill the coat grows back through.

I'm sure the clubs could use an extra helper.

• 1 month later...
me me me :(:):happydance2:

although you probably already knew that lol

You better be going or I won't have anywhere for a sleep over :eek:

Yay to seeing the babies in the ring :happydance:

I can't wait - can you guys tell :D

and Yay we all get too have a playdate for the weekend :happydance::happydance::thumbsup::hug::rofl:

cant wait either :D

Sure thing.

Saturday PM show - total 524

Group 1 - 120

Group 2 - 56

Group 3 - 86 Between the Sticks

Group 4 - 67 Made in Heaven

Group 5 - 71 Bang on the Drum

Group 6 - 63 Tickle Me

Group 7 - 61 Bakers Bun

Sunday Show

Grp 1 - 120

Grp 2 - 60

Grp 3 - 105

Grp 4 - 50

Grp 5 - 66 Clickety Click

Gr 6 - 88 Two fat ladies

Grp 7 - 64 Red Raw

Total - 553

Sorry a misspent youth playing Bingo at the leagues club to win groceries LOL. I couldn't help it.