Pup Left To Starve.

Parkeyre

Thanks for the update MRS T. He looks great :laugh:

My boy was also emaciated just the same as him when he was rescued at the age of 5 years old, and in addition had big fear issues with people.

The rescue did a great job in bringing him half way back to health, and I brought him fully back to health. End result, Built like a big torpedo with legs, and the most biddable, outgoing, friendly and intelligent dog you could meet. He is a very special boy and I also named him "Puppy" :rofl:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boy was also emaciated just the same as him when he was rescued at the age of 5 years old, and in addition had big fear issues with people.

The rescue did a great job in bringing him half way back to health, and I brought him fully back to health. End result, Built like a big torpedo with legs, and the most biddable, outgoing, friendly and intelligent dog you could meet. He is a very special boy and I also named him "Puppy" :rofl:

Where's Puppy now ? It would be lovely to see before and after pics

Where's Puppy now ? It would be lovely to see before and after pics

Ooops. Wrong thread.

Edited by poodlefan

PFan i think sbt is talking about Lo-Pans "puppy"

alot of people let dogs get to stupid levels, when i got kimba she was full of worms and bareley a touch over seventeen kgs and she was over a year and a half old. full of worms and a bloody tail from bordom chasing, she was so skinny and i couldnt imagine how hard it would have been lugging a huge chain around with no energy. she put on five full kgs in two weeks.

glad to here this pup is on the road to recovery, and i hope the caregiver finds a great home or even better keeps him, after all im sure the pup would like to pay you back with years of love for saving him!

Dont mean to hi-jack the thread

Unfortunatly I do not have the picture of him when he first arrived at the rescue dont know what happened to it. This is an "after" shot, taken April 2008 at the age of approximatly 9 - 10. The tails going, my cousin is about to throw the ball for him.

IMGP3816.jpg

What beautiful gentle eyes he has... I'm so glad someone has given him a second chance, pray that he recovers soon - and goes on to the best home a dog could ever ask for... nothing short of what he deserves after what he's been through.

If it was a deliberate act, I can only hope the person feels the pains of hunger, and loneliness too. Perhaps once they've experienced the torture they might think twice about inflicting it on another living, feeling being.

Best wishes to you bubba, may you go on to a happy life of food, warmth, love, security and belonging.

Ooops only now just saw the updated pics - he looks wonderful. Thank you so much for taking him in Mrs T - you have done a wonderful thing. Not only that, but people like you renew our faith in mankind. Best wishes to you and your family.

What a lovely boy he looks - he must know how very lucky he is now. Puppy will now have a very merry Christmas without doubt.

Please come back and give us further updates so we can follow this lovely pups progress - hopefully he gets an awesome home (if you let him go LOL - not sure if I could :D ).

Update

Thankyou all for the lovely comments, I wish everyone shared our attitudes towards our companion animals. Unfortunately, there are various degrees of cruelty and neglect happening everywhere in our communities and not all have happy endings like this little guy. I was in the fortunate position to be able to offer him a stay in my home to recuperate and its been lots of fun having him here.

I took this photo yesterday (at three and a half weeks) trying to get a similar angle to the newspaper photo for comparison. Puppy weighed in at 12.1 kg at his checkup today :laugh: and the vet revised his age estimate to 8-9 months.

4176396846_ab50a079d8.jpg

There's been a bit of a growth spurt, his head is getting Staffy wide and his neck has thickened up so his head no longer looks out of proportion. I don't think my photo skills do his cuteness justice, he's much cuter in person :D

Mrs T what a wonderful job you have done, this story sent me into a few different emotional levels, but the end one was grateful, grateful that there are people around like you. :laugh::laugh::):rofl:

I am looking forward to more pics, he looks amazing.

Your an angel Mrs T. I cannot even comprehend what this poor little soul has had to go through, even more so I can't comprehend how any person could do this to a defenceless pup. When I looked at his before shot I just hugged my own dogs.

Thank heavens he was found, I bet he is going to make a wonderful companion for someone.

Well done Mrs T, hes gorgeous :xmassantawave:

Update

Thankyou all for the lovely comments, I wish everyone shared our attitudes towards our companion animals. Unfortunately, there are various degrees of cruelty and neglect happening everywhere in our communities and not all have happy endings like this little guy. I was in the fortunate position to be able to offer him a stay in my home to recuperate and its been lots of fun having him here.

I took this photo yesterday (at three and a half weeks) trying to get a similar angle to the newspaper photo for comparison. Puppy weighed in at 12.1 kg at his checkup today :hug: and the vet revised his age estimate to 8-9 months.

4176396846_ab50a079d8.jpg

There's been a bit of a growth spurt, his head is getting Staffy wide and his neck has thickened up so his head no longer looks out of proportion. I don't think my photo skills do his cuteness justice, he's much cuter in person :rofl:

WOW he looks fantastic!!! Bless you Mrs T and thankyou so much for what you have done for this little pup ♥

From tears of sadness to tears of happiness, THANKYOU MRS T and all who are helping this little one, I so hope that he finds a very special forever home where he need never worry about his next meal or cuddle.