Where To Start? Confirmed Cushings

j

Yes ... Kelly Louise it absolutely applies to Lysodren as well. Sorry "j" re the reference range of where you want to be of 1- 5 (27.59-137.95 nmol/l) this applies to Lysodren users. Trilo patients tend to do better at higher levels.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Occy is on Lysodren. His maintenance dose wasn't sustaining him, (475) so we went back to the loading dose, twice daily tablets. He took his last one on Sunday morning and went back in for the ACTH stim test on Wednesday, when the results came back at 10.

He had the cortate last night and again today and will continue having it for about 10 days, reducing it every few days. He isn't having any Lysodren at the moment. He is due to have another ACTH stim test in about 10 days. Vet has said that she will increase the Lysodren dosage slightly for his next maintenance round.

He also has a massive skin infection at the moment, so is on antibiotics and malaseb wash to try and get that under control. I have clipped him really short today to try and make that easier to treat. All his allergies are starting to flare up again, hence the skin infection.

He really is having a hard time of it lately :D

Oh J, I'm so sorry you're going through a rough patch. Chloe also gets very itchy/rashy skin with her flare ups. We use 2 products - one called ResiSoothe and the other called EpiSoothe (both okay for Cushinoids) and they help her. One is a wash I think, the other a dab on cream for the rashy, itchy, irritated areas. If you're not having any luck with anything else you might like to give them a try. We also give Chloe fish oil capsules as she is prone to get really, really dry flaky skin now - which in turn gets itchy and then causes irritations, and they help put some oil back into her skin.

Hang in there mate, it's never an easy journey. When you find a happy medium though, hopefully things will settle down and you can get to know the 'not so bad' side of Cushings. Just don't settle in there once you get there though :) The next roller coaster twist is right around the corner... so enjoy every good day.

I do hope that Occy is feeling better, and more like himself soon.

I wouldn't normally clip him at this time of the year as it is already starting to cool down. He has been sitting there shivering so he has a little jumper on. I don't know if the wash and medication are already starting to work, or the jumper is preventing it, but he has been scratching less today.

He is still quite flat :grouphug:

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your support and thoughts lately.

I gave Occy his wings this morning :laugh::banghead:

He had a lot of other issues besides his cushings and they were all catching up with him at once. He was very ill over the weekend, losing nearly a kilo. He was unable to play with our other dog any more due to his pain and I felt that his quality of life was being affected.

It was a very hard decision for me to make but I think his time had come.

Oh I'm so terribly sorry... Cushings (along with other complications) can certainly take it's toll.

My heart goes out to you. Occy is now over the bridge, happy and healthy again.

What a terribly hard day for you... I hope you have lots of wonderful memories to fill your heart with joy.

Rest in peace and happiness forever lovely Occy.