Continuing On For 2011

-Megz-

Congrats on your win as well erin. :D :):cry:
I love her colour/markings Erin, she's gorgeous! :D

EFS

Thanks ;) I love her dearly.

There's been quite devastating news in the past week and her litter sister that was kept by the breeder has had to have majer surgery after being hit by a car :rofl: She will not be shown again due to the damage, but will hopefully have a healthy life.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on your win as well erin. :eek::scared::scold:
I love her colour/markings Erin, she's gorgeous! :eek:

EFS

There's been quite devastating news in the past week and her litter sister that was kept by the breeder has had to have majer surgery after being hit by a car :rofl: She will not be shown again due to the damage, but will hopefully have a healthy life.

thats terrible i hope she recovers quickly and lives a happy full life

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've had a good few weeks with shows! I never in my wildest dreams, or goals, thought that my girl would get a Best in Group, but she did, at just 9.5 months old with 65 hounds in the group. Unbelievable!

We then went to the Victorian Specialties last Sunday and with her playing up in the first show, she placed 2nd in her class with the judge telling me she would have had that class if she "wasn't such a shit!". :laugh: First time on a plane, away from her older sisters, in an unfamiliar show surrounding (inside and on nonslip surface), she came back to get Best Headed Bitch in the property classes and 1st in her class in the 2nd show. She was award Best Opposite Puppy in Show in the 2nd show, so all in all it was worth the trip.

Best in Group:

47126_429908577849_677992849_4721850_2487622_n.jpg

Best Headed Bitch:

62525_433360047849_677992849_4797165_6407136_n.jpg

During the class judging:

59572_433360192849_677992849_4797175_3814378_n.jpg

Abby's Dam, Gr Ch Orobay Optical Magic was awarded both Bitch Challenges from both shows which now allows her to be nominated for her AOM. She is very deserving of this award and I hope the National Beagle Council thinks the same.

I've had a few issues with her pulling and we couldn't figure out a way to stop her. Sara (her breeder) and I went and did some testing/training with her between shows, and she doesn't like having a tight lead. So in the 2nd show I ran her loose lead and she looked a million bucks. The judge from the first show asked what we did, because "the bitch didn't show like that in my show!" (She's very to the point :thanks: ). Hopefully I can run her loose lead this weekend at our shows and our problems will be solved. Fingers crossed!

I modified the title so we can keep everything together - look back and reminisce.

I have a couple of dogs left over ambitions to continue.

Ben - Sanmar Blue Moon (Beagle) might be titledthis year

Cherub - Piccino Zucchero (Italian Greyhound) might also finish this year

Jake - Aasky Desbre Jake (Whippet) got his first points for his Neuter title and will continue to be showed by his new owners

Gem (Aasky Brodice Gem) and Bel (Aasky Brodice Bel) Whippets - will have their first show next weekend

I have already qualified for Battle of the Greats/Contest of the Rising Stars with:

Clarke - Ch Breilla Questce Que Cest (Pointer)

Buddy - Dalvuigold Thunder (Golden Retriever)

Should be a fun year with a new bubba Beagle starting her show career in January

Congrats to everyone who has achieved their goals for 2010! ;)

I've got 2 dogs I'd like to title next year, my 10-month-old boy and also a Junior dog who I am campaigning for his mum.

Also intending to add a bitch puppy to the family in 2010, but probably late in the year so I imagine she will probably end up being my 2011 'hopeful' ;)

Whoops, time for an update I guess :dancingelephant:

Early last month my boy 'Kyza' gained the final points for his Australian Champion title :wave: I couldn't have asked for more from my first show dog, at 18 months of age he is a multi Runner-Up Best in Group, multi Class in Group and Class in Show winner. He and I are now taking a break from the conformation ring to concentrate on some dog sports.

The Junior boy I was campaigning is now up into Intermediate and maturing beautifully. He has gone back to his mum and is very close to his title with some lovely wins under his belt including a Runner-Up Best in Group.

Aaaaand, all going well, we have a bitch puppy joining the family in November or December. It has been a loooong wait for this special little girl! Her first show will be January 1st 2011 - can't wait :(

Edited by Miss B

I have had an eventful year to say the least! I have been showing sparingly due to an appendix surgery (me), a toenail removal (him) and an emergency surgery to remove an intestine blockage that saw him half bald.

Lincoln has also been to Melbourne for a holiday and shown there. He has gone RUBOB and RCC againts competition a couple of times while interstate! ;) He has been RUBOB at Adelaide Royal and BOB at Perth Royal. :dancingelephant: He is such a great dog and we have been awarded challanges from judges from Mexico, Canada, the Phillipines and local judges too! Hopefully the best is yet to come as he is finally starting to fill into himself. :wave:

The below image is from Trafford Photography and a huge credit goes to them. ;)

Early days yet but I think this is my hopeful ;)

post-2621-1266236778_thumb.jpg

Was just thinking about this thread the other day, and about how much has happened since I posted this photo. 'Pink girl' is, indeed, the little pup I kept, registered as Straitup Raise Thebar aka 'Casey', and she is now 19 and a half weeks old and has exceeded my expectations by winning Baby in Show not once, but TWICE in only 7 outings, both times with different group/specials judges.

So I certainly can't complain :dancingelephant:

I guess now my goals for this year are for continued success at group/show level and also to pick up some nice challenges when the time comes :wave: but for now, I'm just enjoying her and enjoying the baby class - not in any hurry for her to grow up!!

Casey is now 8 months of age, and is sitting on 12 points ;)

She was awarded Opposite Baby in Show at our breed specialty, winning her class of 3. 2 days later she again won her class of 3 at the Sportin Terrier specialty and again was awarded Opposite baby of breed.

She has had 4 shows since turning 6 months old, including Melbourne and Adelaide Royals, at the latter she collected Puppy of Breed and Reserve Bitch Challenge (at 7 months of age, with 7 bitches present!! All except her were titled). She didn't do anything at Melbourne Royal but last Sunday at Kyneton picked up a 12 point challenge and RUBOB!!!

We only have 2 shows left in Minor class, so haven't shown anywhere near as much as I wanted to but oh well.

And her mother, Ziva has had a great year herself, being awarded Best in Specialty Show only 5 months after having her babies, she then picked up a 12 point Challenge at Sporting Terrier 2 days later. She has also picked up a few more decent challenges/Best of Breeds.

And while I was in Adelaide with Casey, mum showed Ziva at Kcc for me, collecting RUBIG AND Open in Group!!

October and November will be fairly quiet for us with only a handful of shows but I'm looking forward to a full showing schedule over December/January and hopefully getting some more points on Casey (unfortunately my dream of unofficially titling her before 12 months is unlikely due to the lack of shows but oh well), and eventually titling her as well as continuing to get Ziva pointed up, I would like at least one BIG from each of my girls.

My goals for 2011:

Title Willow (LH Wei). She'll be 12 months on the 3rd Dec. She already has her 100 pts, just need those last 25.

Neuter Title Phoenix (Golden Ret), as of tonight he is on 18 points. Hopefully there will be a lot more neuter classes at shows for him to enter.

While not showing, I'd like to get Phoenix's CCD as well.

AND..... hopefully we will be adding a new show baby sometime soon.

After loosing my boy at the start of the year, I kinda had plans for him, which unfortunately went unfilled and I kinda lost some interest in showing

and then

i won my first ALL BREEDS BEST IN SHOW - At the PERTH ROYAL SHOW no less, handling a friends Standard Poodle...

I also took out Runner Up Best in Show at the Non Sporting Club of WA Champ show with him a few weeks prior too

I also steered another friends Chi to BEST IN SHOW at a Chi Club Champ show

The Dalmatian I show, gained her 1000 points, but still needs 2 groups to become a grand...

So I haven't finished the year too badly... I wonder if I can top it next year...

Hopefully a new puppy will come to me next year sometime... just gotta be patience

After loosing my boy at the start of the year, I kinda had plans for him, which unfortunately went unfilled and I kinda lost some interest in showing

and then

i won my first ALL BREEDS BEST IN SHOW - At the PERTH ROYAL SHOW no less, handling a friends Standard Poodle...

I also took out Runner Up Best in Show at the Non Sporting Club of WA Champ show with him a few weeks prior too

LOL - I won MY first All Breeds Best In Show handling the same dog a little while ago! :eek: :p Go Cashy - you multi BIS winning superstar, you! ;) Well done again RnH!

As far as my year went, my gorgeous Whippet boy Buzz turns 6 months old on Thursday and so moves out of Baby up with the 'big kids' :( I am so happy with my little man, we have had lots of fun so far and he finishes his baby career with 3 x Baby in Groups and 1 X Baby in Show (at a Sighthound specialty) :laugh:

Looking forward to what the next year may bring!!

Buzz298103.jpg

Buzz298101.jpg

My 2011 Goals ----

Get back in the ring....It's been a while and my confidence is down but time to get back to it.

Get Bonnies last points - well that's more Neeshas' job - I just need to get her entered more.

Get Charlie back in the ring - Neuter title I hope - that's if he can stand still long enough and not kiss Judges.

Get a puppy in the ring

Have a litter later next year.

post-13159-1286131907_thumb.jpg

post-13159-1286131935_thumb.jpg