The Countdown Is On

memphis09

This is their first litter. Perhaps they thought they were doing a good thing? Perhaps the clamshell is clean but old? Who knows what the situation is if you aren't actually there.

But yes, a PM (whether they accept it as advice or not) is far better than belittling somebody to make a point, whether justified or not.

But unfortunately, it wouldn't be DOL if somebody wasn't being "direct" would it?

As my grandmother used to say, you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

I agree fully with the pups living enviroment, but there is a way to say it and then there is rudeness.

Send a pm explaining what is needed, don't publicly belittle someone.

The worst thing you can do is insult new people so they don't come back asking for advice. We where all new once and even after 15 years I am still learning new things thanks to this forum.

Some people just don't get it :laugh:

Leanne

I got it, but I stand by my previous post - why should people change their posting style to please others? If you (and I say 'you' in general) don't like someones post or advice, let it go in one ear and out the other.

The dog world isn't the place for the faint hearted, it's a tough place and yes, we were all 'new' at some point and none of us ever stop learning but it takes people from all walks of life, if you don't like someone, or what they post (or how they post) then move on and don't associate with them.

:cheer:

This is their first litter. Perhaps they thought they were doing a good thing? Perhaps the clamshell is clean but old? Who knows what the situation is if you aren't actually there.

But yes, a PM (whether they accept it as advice or not) is far better than belittling somebody to make a point, whether justified or not.

But unfortunately, it wouldn't be DOL if somebody wasn't being "direct" would it?

As my grandmother used to say, you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

:laugh::cheer:

I got it, but I stand by my previous post - why should people change their posting style to please others? If you (and I say 'you' in general) don't like someones post or advice, let it go in one ear and out the other.

The dog world isn't the place for the faint hearted, it's a tough place and yes, we were all 'new' at some point and none of us ever stop learning but it takes people from all walks of life, if you don't like someone, or what they post (or how they post) then move on and don't associate with them.

Notice the OP has not come back, wonder why!!!!

Leanne

They might also be like many other first time breeders and be besotted by their puppies or doing their best to do the right thing by them and the dam.

With regards to learning to accept advice.....put yourself in the shoes of the newbie and try to remember back to when YOU were a newbie and you thought you were doing the right thing.

I don't know about you, but it took me quite a few years and probably just as many litters to learn that not everybody is going to be nice to you and just because YOU think your dogs and puppies are doG's answer to dogdom, not everybody else will.

And I have to say that back when I started, people didn't actually start to be direct straight away either!! :laugh:

hi thanx to everyone for their input,advice and criticism.First let me say the reason i havent repied yet is because i work nightshift ,i didint get a chance to reply before now.secondly yes the clamshell(and yes it is new) was dirty and so was the blanket,these pics were the next morning after puppies were born i took pics before changing their bedding and cleaning it uo which i now realise was a mistake.the pups bedding is changed 3 times a day and more often if needed the clamshell is also cleaned out daily.

our dogs health and wellbeing is the most important thing to us and the same goes for our bubs.

when i get some more time i will get new pics for of how it is usually kept.

thank you for all comments