Thief!

SmoothieGirl

So I get up about 45 mins later than I normally do on a weekend, which is still quarter to eight, not late. Its one of a few days of holiday and thought I was due some real sleep. Anyway, I get up and wander down the house chatting and playing with the fur kids. We water the vegie patches together, I hang up a tug toy for Bronte as part of a toy rotation, then I walk inside and find this.

post-28499-1261862376_thumb.jpg

She's stolen one of my pride and joy, one of my cucumbers! Socks I can deal, the bra she has just walked past with in her mouth is passable. Hang on, must retrieve...all better now. Weird how she brings socks to me, but bras and nickers she tries to keep for herself. But my cucumbers, that's just taking this to a whole new level, now I'm worried she'll steal the whole lot, I'll have to extend the fencing some more.

Clearly they taste alright though.

post-28499-1261862384_thumb.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for the gastronomic after effects - I may have to pop out later this morning and see if they sell gas masks at the local camping shop.

Oh, Bronte....

yep that would get stolen here too, and the tomatoes. Yesterday Tag stole a whole hand of big bananas and ate 4 before I got them, I saved the thumb, he'd managed to peel them and all the peels were still stuck together, just gutted banana skins. Now I've hidden the ones I bought this morning in the plate cupboard, they're not safe in the fruit basket.

I am not sure but I dont think a cucumber will cause your dog to have gas.

Edited by Kirislin

This summer I thought I would grow tomatoes .They are ripening as we speak.Two weeks ago my husband and I saved a beautiful staffie from a pound. She has been picking and squashing my cherry tomatoes ever since.I'm finding them everywhere.

Luckily the tomatoes are behind a higher fence and not growing through it, unlike the cukes. I've got loads on them too, but they are taking forever to ripen. I think one will be ready tomorrow and I am going to eat it, not Bronte.

Think you are right Krislin, no airy side effects yet, so should be a-ok.

Too funny. My dog doesn't eat cucumber, I've tried! She does steal strawberries out of the garden though

Hi

is your dog a beagle? We have two boys 6 and 7 years old.A couple of weeks ago the yunger one ate potting mixture and pelleted chiken manure.He was so bloated.It took a few days to get rid of it!!!!!!!!I spent quite a bit more time picking up black presents all over the yard. He also likes zucchini leaves.

Our little guy seems to be acquiring a taste for our Silver beet. Not just the leaves, but the stems as well. And he seems to enjoy it as there is none left when he decides to pick some for himself. Might have to raise the pots i think....