Kissing

HugUrPup

They never fight *shrugs* I don't encourage the humping at all, even still is there a huge issue with one dog being dominant over another if they never fight?

They also sleep cuddled up to each other.

Sas, what is disturbing? Dogs having sex or Bowen therapy? :(

Dogs not being allowed to mate naturally. If they're not in good enough muscular and skelital condition to breed on their own....should they be bred....

Edited by sas

That's so sweet :(

My two never show aggression towards each other and both clean each other, so I am convinced it's puppy love rather than pack order and even if it is pack order..*meh* they aren't harming anyone anyway.

How about that all that body language and calming signals prevents a fight...

Seriously, I think you would benefit from grabbning some books on canine body language and calming signals.

Hugo humps Fletcher (and i discourage it) and Fletcher never humps, but does licks Hugo's eyeballs.

Fletcher is pack leader, i believe. They have never fought, but they found a pack of liver treats yesterday in our spare room, i heard a bit of a grumble (thought it was just rough play so i yelled out to them to quit it, and they did) i went in a few minutes later to find Fletcher gorging on the treats and Hugo watching closely. That's right! Hugo watching on - the pug!! So Fletcher's dominance is more powerful than Hugo's tummy!!

Why do some dogs hump their bedding? I know a behaviourist who says it's nothing more than the fact that it feels good. Often hugo humping fletcher happens after play and zoomies - Why can't the humping just be a sign of high excitement and because it 'feels good' and actually nothing to do with dominance?

It's not always a sign of dominance, it's very dependent on the situation.

That's so sweet :(

My two never show aggression towards each other and both clean each other, so I am convinced it's puppy love rather than pack order and even if it is pack order..*meh* they aren't harming anyone anyway.

How about that all that body language and calming signals prevents a fight...

Seriously, I think you would benefit from grabbing some books on canine body language and calming signals.

*nods*