January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

Guest Pandii

Ams, I had to try hard not to post a Pei pic lol, I will post some int he shar pei thread though

Love the maternity ones, can I ask how you did them, do you add the back grounds when you edit?

Love the one of Asha and Naughty Spencer :thumbsup:

my effort for today

DYLAN.jpg

and Miss Dante

IMGP4983.jpg

Edited by Pandii

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine for the 1st January - I know its two but this was the first time I've ever staged a photo before and I was enjoying doing different shots - these are my top 2

4233131106_f3f996bcf0.jpg

4233128470_ca2bd65247.jpg

Edited by FionaC

Aww Asha really is very pretty.

And Dante is adorable. I love rotts :)

Miss Molly: Just post em all!

Tempting......Ok how do i post the images from flickr, i can post links but i want to post a few images... HELP...

Okise here are mine for today, taken on the way to and at Charlotte's Pass (Kossi national park)

IMG_6271.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_6351.jpg

All the photos look great so far :(

Wow...great shots

Love the maternity ones, can I ask how you did them, do you add the back grounds when you edit?

They are all taken on location but some of them I've used natural light, some have video light and others have off camera flash (flash not attached to the camera - Rocco was holding it for me)

The texture that is on some of them is added in post production. Theres a thread about textures somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up later.

Bec, I dont know how I missed yours, Asha looks adorable in that pic, she looks really young there. Hows she going? I always look forward to your shots!!

Are you using light room for your editing?

Pandii, nice Shot of Dante, what editing program are you using for your B & W??

Altheau, Great shots especially love the lizard!!

Fiona C I like the second shot too, did you use the 50mm lense for these?

MTD, Awwww Molly so cute!! Love head shots!!

Fiona C I like the second shot too, did you use the 50mm lense for these?

thanks tlc and Pandii - my favourite is the 2nd shot as well - it was a 2 person effort as the OH was required to block some light coming in at a wrong angle for the metalic parts of the label ....

oh and yup - 50mm 1.8 lense for these ones - I'm loving this lense the more I use it :(

Guest Pandii

They are all taken on location but some of them I've used natural light, some have video light and others have off camera flash (flash not attached to the camera - Rocco was holding it for me)

The texture that is on some of them is added in post production. Theres a thread about textures somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up later.

Thanks, PM me if you dont want to go off track here

I love the shots, how much material is used in the flowing cloth?

TLC, the black and white is a camera setting, the one of Dyl has had nothing done, Dante was cropped a bit thats it

Well I got home, eyes hanging out of my head, then the penny dropped it is January and I have to take a photo a day LOL. I grabbed the camera and took this one while they were excited about me getting home - he looks slightly crazed :(

4233244308_925d9367c8_o.jpg

Miss Molly, that is a lovely spot, wish I was just sitting there today

Edited by helen

I hadn't planned on taking Texas for a walk this morning. While I was getting the collars and leads on the others he came over expectantly, so I went with his desires and took them all to the park

I was going to go with a "pack" shot, but decided I like this one of Texas by himself much better :)

4232457431_d3b00e56c1.jpg

:(

Loving everyone's photos so far!! LOVE the drunk one - Shell took one like that with Jedi this morning.

My computer has decided not to switch on this morning (I'm on one of OH's computers) and so I don't think I'll be uploading anything today!! OH is going to fix it (I think it's the power supply - we have a few spare) so fingers crossed!! But I *have* taken a photo today.