January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

Shell, I think I could spend ages running my fingers through that cat hair, love the angle ont he foxtel, how did you manage that?

Lol - Jonas's hair is falling out at the moment because it's that time of year so I'm sure he'd love the pats!! He's itchy because of it and looooves cuddles!

As for the angle, i just stood underneath it and to the side. This is what it really looks like:

4243808575_80c160a46a.jpg

And an out-take from today:

4243808767_b7520ff186.jpg

I've wanted to photograph it for ages! I think I might do a month of photos taken at work at some point this year. Everyone at work knows I carry around a camera constantly so they probably wouldn't be surprised!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoa! I came back in to quickly look at everyone's photos and there's 10 pages since I checked yesterday!! Wow guys that's awesome! :)

I think everyone's photos are just lovely but just to comment on a few I really loved:

flying duster - what a beautiful little cat with those little daisy like flowers....adorable!

Riley James - those pink flowers are beautiful...they looked so fuzzy and soft I wanted to reach in and stroke them.

kja - Lobo is beautiful....love the colour of his eyes!

ness - great photo and I love that alien toy!

schnauzerboy - your photos are always great but I love aubrey and that huge stick. She's still just gorgeous.

Snap - I love your pretty cat! Very nice photo too....my cats are starting to hide when they see me get the camera out!

helen - I love that photo of Bella - she's beautiful and that's such a cute trick! Love the little star cookie too.

Justice Shades - that is a brilliant photo! I stared at it for ages trying to figure out how the hell you took that...it's fantastic...like some kind of optical illusion picture. Great work!

SBT - :) I love "Hey Cow" that's a fantastic shot and love the little story...

Darien - Awww! Ragdoll! How gorgeous is Coco...

Bellatrix - Love the apple pics....beautiful colouring in those photos.

TerraNik - Your self portraits are excellent....that's a great challenge to set yourself - I know I couldn't do it! That last photo is beautiful - it's so sweet but makes me feel a little sad somehow...

FionaC - Don't know if it's just cos I'm so tired but I kept blinking at your photo trying to see the keys even though I knew it was a keyboard it's like the light on it kept making it shift when I looked at it. Very cool effect. :D

Shell - Man I'm obviously a sucker for cat photos cos I love that photo of Jonas! He looks like a Turkish Van cat...

altheau - I really like that photo...the colours to me have a really cool 'cartoon' quality about them so bright and vibrant.

It was back to work for me today so I was too stuffed to do anything much photography wise so I just grabbed my camera to take on my afternoon walk with the pups and thought this photo was okay. I'm hoping to do something a bit better for tomorrow. :D

4244486266_21e2a533aa_o.jpg

Shell - Man I'm obviously a sucker for cat photos cos I love that photo of Jonas! He looks like a Turkish Van cat...

It was back to work for me today so I was too stuffed to do anything much photography wise so I just grabbed my camera to take on my afternoon walk with the pups and thought this photo was okay. I'm hoping to do something a bit better for tomorrow. :)

He's actually half rag doll if you can believe that! His father was obviously a moggie, his mother was pure ragdoll whose owners got the shock of their life when their girl got out and ended up with a litter of 5! My brother also owns Jonas's litter sister who has an entirely different coat to Jonas and is black and white. I really don't understand cat genetics! :)

Great shot btw - your dogs always look so happy!

so many fantastic photos once again! :)

justice shades (man, I think I've been spelling your name wrong this whole time :D ): the bus driver pic is great!

and flying duster your white poodle has the most softest gorgeous fluffy pink ears :)

and the foxtel from bottom-up is cool

4th January

This was a gift for Lotus when I first brought her home. I brought it into daily rotation recently, and noticed how much I love the colour of it - kinda peachy, pinky, orange (I guess like a lobster would be if it were furry? :) ) and Lotus and the Lobster go really well together :p

4244578184_4f6cd07e6a.jpg

and I don't like to do more than one shot but I think the lobster needs to be viewed in it's full-sized colourful beauty :D

4243805685_3e63b43ded.jpg

:)

Edited by Clicking Mad

Guest Pandii

Shell that is really intresting, it looked like the floor lol

Fluffy paws :) love it

goblygouck, I have passionfruit growimg here and have never seen any with the red lines, will look closer next time

clickingmad, Lotus does not look impressed :laugh:in the first shot

I was playing with my cleaning bucket photos and come up with this

IMGP5060.jpg

Before I put my Day 4 photo up just like to say that your photos on here are beginning to inspire me to new levels, and I want to thank you all :)

JS - Love the bus shot, I know we've chatted lots at meets but your view of things behind the lens is outstanding and you are capturing them perfectly. I know I posted against your flikr too, but this shot is great :)

As for my Day 4 shot - like the others posted today was 1st proper day back at work since Xmas (ok I was at work last week, but hey, did we really work?)

I had planned this shot for a while, and couldnt execute it quite to my liking, but posted eventually, and will be something I'll try again when I can work it out!

All I kept thinking was that for 2010 I have no holidays planned yet, and I want to ESCAPE!

4243441789_fecba64b82.jpg

Looking forward to the rest of the Day 4 shots, and to what Day 5 may bring!

He's actually half rag doll if you can believe that! His father was obviously a moggie, his mother was pure ragdoll whose owners got the shock of their life when their girl got out and ended up with a litter of 5! My brother also owns Jonas's litter sister who has an entirely different coat to Jonas and is black and white. I really don't understand cat genetics! :)

Nope - wouldn't have guessed he's half ragdoll! :D Does he or his litter sister have blue eyes?? I know nothing about cat genetics either so you're not alone! ;) Very gorgeous colouring and markings he has though...half ragdoll half moggie all beautiful. :)

Clicking Mad - Lotus is just so sweet with her lobster friend and I love the lobster in all its fullsized colourful beauty! I love seeing the different toys other people's dogs have....:)

Pandii - I like that cleaning bucket photo....makes me think it's one of those old style ads and some woman with 50s hair is about to come out extolling the virtues of Jif! :D or maybe that's just me. :p

Okay - I said I was going to bed like half and hour ago but I had to pop back in in an attempt to keep up with everyone's photos! I'm totally loving this thread! :) goodnight everyone! :)

Nope - wouldn't have guessed he's half ragdoll! :) Does he or his litter sister have blue eyes?? I know nothing about cat genetics either so you're not alone! :D Very gorgeous colouring and markings he has though...half ragdoll half moggie all beautiful. :D

I don't think so - Jonas's eyes are a yellow colour and I think MJ's are a greeny colour from memory.

Nope - wouldn't have guessed he's half ragdoll! :D Does he or his litter sister have blue eyes?? I know nothing about cat genetics either so you're not alone! ;) Very gorgeous colouring and markings he has though...half ragdoll half moggie all beautiful. :p

Clicking Mad - Lotus is just so sweet with her lobster friend and I love the lobster in all its fullsized colourful beauty! I love seeing the different toys other people's dogs have....:)

Pandii - I like that cleaning bucket photo....makes me think it's one of those old style ads and some woman with 50s hair is about to come out extolling the virtues of Jif! :D or maybe that's just me. :)

Okay - I said I was going to bed like half and hour ago but I had to pop back in in an attempt to keep up with everyone's photos! I'm totally loving this thread! :) goodnight everyone! ;)

Don't worry, I was going to bed almost an hour and a half ago! :)

I love lotus and his lobster

Pandii - not all the leaves have red on them, there are two seprate bunches of which one doesn't appear to any red on them exept for just a bit around the edge on some

DSC_9355NEF-1.jpg

while the plant that the leaf from day 4's pic came from all the leaves are like that

DSC_9452NEF-1.jpg

DSC_9453NEF-1.jpg

Guest Kate_Summer

Hi! I'm wanting to say that ALL your photos look amazing! I'm hoping to do this challenge & took a few photos last night, I'll be posting therm after a bit of mucking around :)

Guest Pandii

SchnauzerBoy, love the idea "ESCAPE"

Flufflypaws, by the time I was finsihed the whole good house wife thing I felt like I was fromt he 50s lol

goblygouck , are they the purple passionfruit, is it an old plant?

Evolving , yep I think Bob is over it :)

lea, very intresting, what is it :thumbsup:

Weibritty, great photos

SBT303, love "up" very creative