January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gila, I just want to say that I love each and every one of your photos. They always make me smile, you are very clever :)

Hey Poo, I just noticed that spunky Morgan has her new collar on! Yay! :(

Edited by huga

Terranik - love your photos, they're all so imaginative and different! Your post processing is amazing, any tips to share? :champagne:

Woofenpup - Ow! Love the ones Bluey!

becks - love the first one! The detail is amazing.

Here's my one for today,

4252937232_08fe574257_b.jpg

I'm just joining in now, a little late...and I'll just pretend these pics match the days so I can be up to date (though, they were all taken late December/early January) :champagne:

Day 1

ElephantsPiglets.jpg

Day 2

ThatsEnough-20091230.jpg

Day 3

ToothyCritter.jpg

Day 4

PrettyPriah-20091230.jpg

Day 5

Bundy.jpg

Day 6

CarstenPriah.jpg

Gorgeous corgies!! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

Terranik - love your photos, they're all so imaginative and different! Your post processing is amazing, any tips to share? :whee:

Thanks so much :thumbsup:

I don't know that it's amazing - I have soooo much to learn still! I think Ruth and Serena would be better people to ask! :champagne:

But to answer your question - I guess just start experimenting! Once you start dabbling in different processing styles you will find what works nicely for your photos and what doesn't. You should have seen me last year - I went through all sorts of phases where EVERYTHING would be B&W and really high contrast with blown out whites... and then for a little while I'd put a texture on anything and everything... and then I had a fiddle with varying tones and saturation... and it just continued like that through lots of different phases.

So my tip? Get an editing program that you're comfortable with or want to get acquainted with (e.g. photoshop, paintshop pro, lightroom... whatever) and start fiddling! I look back at some of my stuff now and I think it's really, really awful and I would edit them completely different now, but that's how we learn!