• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day 8 - don't hate me, I'm playing :rofl:

JAN10_119.jpg

Canon 1DIII, Canon 135L f2.0, ISO 200, 1/5000, f2 - Lightroom for selective colour with a colour wash in the background coz I've never done that before. Photoshop CS3 for a little Grainstorm by Totally Rad Actions

Total editing time under three minutes - pretty rough & ready but I'm OK with it! :)

Snap - love #1 & #3

Anniek - just a tad spoiled :eek:

Piper - cute! and my two do exactly the same thing!

bec - fabulous, love everything!!

Edited by kja

Total editing time under three minutes - pretty rough & ready but I'm OK with it! :)[/i]

That's the spirit! (reference to your other thread) :rofl:

Day 008 - no tripod, no speedlite. Quick rush to get *something* before the light disappeared outside! It's going to be an interesting weekend - my partner stole half the gear for a family 'do'!!!!

4255714211_3418a9494d.jpg

Edited by TerraNik

So many fantastic photos again!

In an attempt to comment on a few...

piper – love the beagle all tucked in under the quilt! That’s a very funny puppy to do that in this crazy heat we’re having!

becandcharch – great shot of charch’s big licky tongue!

shell – I really like the first photo of Remi….I also really like his name and colouring! Very pretty boy!

Kirislin – oh wow you got a shot of a peregrine falcon! That’s fantastic…..how wonderful to see them in real life.

Two Spirit – love the vibrant colours. Beautifully chaotic. :eek:

kja – wow that’s an eye popping pink! Nice photo. :D

ness – Ness looks great posing for you….although having met her I reckon she’s thinking “I’m going to get food for this right???” :rofl:

SBT – What a cute photo of Pal Pony…I like the mane flowing in the breeze…

BeeB – Naaaaawwwww! Very very cute!

Tangerine Dream - I agree too! I'm paying way more attention to the world around me since starting this challenge. Everything is a potential photo opportunity!

Here's my photo for Day 8. My sister (who got me into this whole dslr photography thingy in the first place) is doing photo a day too on her blog and she decided to set me a challenge within a challenge (yeah like it's not hard enough already! :) ) to take a photo of the books on my bookcase....so that's who today's photo idea came from. :(

4256475582_3ecf6bcea5_o.jpg

Another round of fantastic shots today.

Nik - another great portrait - running out of ideas yet?

FP - nice bookshelf of books.... Kel will be in touch soon to borrow some :)

With all the other shots of flowers on the forum, thought I'd do something similar... that and the fact I took my camera into work for some building shots and then realized I left the battery at home in the charger! :rofl:

4255805769_bd07fa0977.jpg

Another round of fantastic shots today.

Nik - another great portrait - running out of ideas yet?

Thanks! I still have lots of ideas... A huge list of them, actually! Whenever I think of something I write it down! I'm contemplating doing a year of SP's now so need as many ideas as I can get! :laugh:

With all the other shots of flowers on the forum, thought I'd do something similar... that and the fact I took my camera into work for some building shots and then realized I left the battery at home in the charger! :D

I really like that one!!

I really like that one!!

Thanks

It's because of people like you (and a few others on this forum) that I decided to get the 50mm 1.8..... so glad I did now (tried the same shot with the 18-50 f2.8 and it wasn't as sharp and the DOF wasn't as soft!)

So thank you for inspiring me (and many others here!)

It's been insanely hot in Adelaide as we suffer through yet another heatwave. I took Justice down to the beach tonight and of course took my camera along to take today's photo. We were attempting to go to Semaphore Beach but it was so packed we couldn't get a park and went just a bit further down to Largs Bay. In the end I'm glad we did because I was able to get this shot with a sailing boat in the background.

Now to go back through the thread and comment on other peoples photos...

Largs is a great beach to go to with the dogs - usually a lot less people and it is a nice beach. It is our favourite beach spot, I'm never brave enough to take my SLR down there with me though.