January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

tlc :thumbsup: for moving him out of the middle :rolleyes:

now next time think about where he's looking in the frame (now that you've started, I'm to make you do stuff til you make me stop :welcome:)

seriously, you're going great.

Black and white can be tough to get how you want it to look. Sometimes, if you can see something that isn't quite right, go back to the colour version and OVERDO that colour or tone, then go back to black and white and fiddle - sometimes this will help you get it right.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another round of great shots

PC - Great shot, often so hard to get such a clear eye shot on the black hair

FP - Bad Cuz is always such a favourite :0

JS - Saw your ice, immediately felt cooler :thumbsup: Perfect shot for a hot hot hot day!

Crazy Daisy - Appears you beat me to it with the ants!

Huga - Great moment captured

Redangel - Those eyes paint such a horrible story - love it!

Shell - the lighting for the cat is purrfect (sorry, couldn't help myself!)

Here is my shot, and as you can probably see and from my comment to CD - it is a shot of a colony of ants working away on one of my rose branches!

Sorry.... to hot today to stay outside for long, was hoping for some lightning shots, but fear the day may run out first!

4265079011_7b8d82ceaf.jpg

Edited by SchnauzerBoy

Taken with the sun on her face, so it lightened her eyes ( it's my pet hate :laugh: ) and my model was being moody and wouldn't turn her head just a fraction... She's worse that my Kate Moss ( Sessy Whippet ) when it comes to pics

How very dare you, that's the best Stafford in the WORLD!.

JS, thanks, the mask was a gift from my Dad when he went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans years and years ago, I love it.

Also your ice shot is fantastic!

Shell, Mow is so pretty, how in the hell do you get him to sit still? My cats roll around and try to touch the camera :laugh:

Here is mine for today, seriously lazy but its way to hot right now.

Day 11

Books

4265887730_c7ae5ac198.jpg

Shell, Mow is so pretty, how in the hell do you get him to sit still? My cats roll around and try to touch the camera :laugh:

Day 11

Books

I love your shots Leena - they're amazing. what do you shoot on? Last I heard, you were using a point and shoot? Either way, you have a brilliant eye!

And Mow is a pretty lazy cat - I don't really do anything to make him sit still but he only has 2 speeds, slow and not moving at all unless it's zoomie time. :o

ETA: I didn't realise how long my hair was Nik! That must've been during one of the times Zero wasn't trying to steal everyone's food!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Shell, Mow is so pretty, how in the hell do you get him to sit still? My cats roll around and try to touch the camera :o

Day 11

Books

I love your shots Leena - they're amazing. what do you shoot on? Last I heard, you were using a point and shoot? Either way, you have a brilliant eye!

And Mow is a pretty lazy cat - I don't really do anything to make him sit still but he only has 2 speeds, slow and not moving at all unless it's zoomie time. :dancingelephant:

I am currently using a Panasonic DMC-TZ11 Lumix.

If you take it off auto and mess with some of the settings you can get some pretty decent images. That and the awsomeness that is PhotoShop :rofl:

Mow sounds to sweet.

My lot use the house as a race track (their favourite game is lava floor, run as fast as possible without touching the ground) :laugh:

Man this thread is powering along!

Nik your foot shot is great. Love the fluffies that got stuck :laugh:

Kate your shower shot has an old feel to it. Really great.

Weibritty those colours look great together.

Will check the others out shortly

I took quite few today.

4265173829_924242e302.jpg

4265935464_f72fe5bdab.jpg

Old man Harvey does NOT like it when you play on the tramp.

He howls the house down.

Below looking much happier as he realised were getting off

4265166761_13b25b03a4.jpg

4265907514_97ba1dc0e4.jpg

Guest Kate_Summer

Love your first shot best beca, as if your dog is missing his special someone, also the tone of it is really nice. Second one is just too cute, look at that colorfull face! & your Vizla? is just too funny!

Thanks guys :o

1st shot -

My husband was outside with Charche whilst Asha was inside with me. She watched them out the window and cried until they both came back inside.

I like how it looks like its raining but its really just my dirty windows :laugh:

The Viszla is ours mates. He's getting old and wasnt too impressed having 3 young dogs around at his house playing flat stick and dont even get him started on the trampoline!

Edited by becandcharch

May I plead special circumstances for not having a pic today? I was up at four, left house at 6, worked at shelter until 1230.. went to work and left there at 2200hrs, have gotten home, broken up a dog fight, fed 15 dogs, cleaned up the requisite pee and poop.. went to desk for camera and battery was flat :laugh::o

I'm sorry but the battery won't recharge before midnight.