January Photography Challenge - Launched Early

Ashanali

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I seriously love it, I keep going back to look at it. Put it on RB and I'll buy a card at least :o

Oooh camera is Ashanali's Pentax ist D and lens is.... not sure. It says 18-50mm, does that make sense?

I seriously love it, I keep going back to look at it. Put it on RB and I'll buy a card at least :)

Oooh camera is Ashanali's Pentax ist D and lens is.... not sure. It says 18-50mm, does that make sense?

Ill hold you to that :o

Yep that makes sense. Its a really fab shot. Great detail.

Lol bec... I replied to your comment saying I had to google to find out if the Tour Down Under was even on. :o I am tempted now to take on your challenge though. :D

Oh go on! I will love it if you get one. Let the hunt for Lance begin!

Cam is heading down there to watch it. He is so in love with Lance im sure he will try and hump his leg if he gets anywhere near him :)

:) Now thats a shot work getting JS :)

Only have time for a quick look through the last page or so but WOW I am so impressed by the quality of photos! I will definitely be coming back to admire them later.

I've been lazy today and defaulted to a doggie happy snap photo today.

This is......Molly in motion. (Amazing if you know her since she usually only moves at the speed of couch potato. :o )

4273921124_a3ca9f480a_o.jpg

There you go JS! If you get the one of Lance you can try for tlc's suggestion next!

Great action shot Fluffypaws!

Nik thats a really cool shot. You look like a ghostly apparition :o

Thanks... OH says I look like someone from Twilight :)

:o about the Twilight comment TerraNik. Interesting photo. So hard to keep up and comment on all the photos. I get a quick chance to have a skim over whats been posted but don't even know where to start with commenting. All looking good and nice to see so many people keeping up with posting/taking a photo a day.

Good work everybody.

I love it Nik!!

Iltby - that second shot is great. I'm sure I've told you how much I love your cat before but I really do!

Great capture fluffypaws - Zero suffers from couch potato syndrome too so I know how hard it is to get a running photo!!

Again, I couldn't post yesterday because I was so busy (left home at 6.30am and got home at 12.30am - yes, the next morning!) so here they are:

Day 13 - Yoda protects my desk at work. Everytime someone walks past, his lightsaber lights up and he yells at them which is hilarious first thing in the morning or late at night when the security guards walk past because they can't work out where the sound is coming from. Best $7 I ever spent! If Yoda doesn't get you, the sibes behind him will.

4273988740_198afe3fce.jpg

Day 14 - Remy is my (little bit) deranged cockatiel but i suppose that's what happens when you spend the first few months of your life at pets paradise before they decide they can't sell you and try to release you "into the wild" :):. He loves rope swings so this photo is like Rem's Mecca. He's definitely got his "happy place" facial expression going :o

4273989090_997480a95a.jpg

Edited by ~*Shell*~

My Mummy Loves Me, Tag and Penny having some cuddle time.

This one's just gorgeous, love the tenderness in it.

i cheated because i took this a couple of days ago after the rain had stopped. was just mucking around in the backyard, testing camera on manual settings and fluked this shot (with autofocus, as i was hoping the front was going to be in focus lol)

planned to take a pic when i went out tonight and am too tired to take an upload another pic around the house

eta, the pic wasn't edited at all. only editing program i have at the moment is iphoto and it doesn't do much :o lol

Great shot, love the composition and soft colours.

Jan 2nd - just some fun with Jamie :D

:laugh:

Too ridiculously cute, love her expression :)

Day two:

Gorgeous, she's really stunning...love her care-free expression.

Great photos everyone

Day 2

Love it...insanely cute and great composition.

My big boy Rogan (day 2):

Beautiful shot, he is absolutely gorgeous!

Edited by iltby

And the poor doggy..

Such a cute shot, he looks so bedraggled :heart:

Taken at the show tonight, Freckles' boy Matt (Kombinalong The Eagle is Super)

He is seriously stunning. Great photo, love his coat.

this thread is great!!! :laugh:

:)

Again, so cute :cheer: I love how patient she looks.

Just a simple one from me today

Really gorgeous, love the composition and colours :o She's (he?) beautiful.

I took my camera into work with me today in the hope of getting a decent photo in the city before heading home this afternoon. I'd had what I thought was a great idea for a photo but it didn't work out the way I'd planned. I took a heap of other photos just so I'd have something but wasn't happy with any of them. The bus was packed so I was standing up the whole way home; about four stops before I get off I looked up and saw the driver's reflection in the two mirrors and decided that was my shot for the day. I quickly whipped out my camera and took some photos whilst managing to avoid falling over. This was the very last one I took.

Absolutely love this, it took me so long to figure out what I was looking at. Excellent composition and atmosphere :scared:

Yep, it's all about using your camera, having fun and hopefully learning a thing or two along the way. I can see a huge difference in my pics from this time last year, in particular my use of light.

Todays pic is called "HEY COW". I like to drive down the lane and when I get to the cattle scream out the window "HEY COW". I dare you all to try it some time and it works just as well going down a highway at 100k's :D

Love this one, gorgeous landscape. It feels very relaxed.

Edited by iltby

Hi All 3 from the backyard today :D

Love that last shot, excellent atmosphere :)

There are some stunning shots on here, everyone is doing so well!

Here is mine for today.

My OH has been fire twirling for years and he was ever so kind and offered himself as my subject for tonight.

This is absolutely stunnning, the vivid colour on the negative space is excellent.

Just a shot of the pretty one today. I just love this face :laugh:

Gorgeous shot, she's so beautiful :o

Day 6

Great shot, love the minimalism!

My handsome boy :scared:

Stunning photo, love his expression :heart: Gorgeous bokeh, too.

Day 006 - Ah-ha!

Love this one, definitely my favourite of yours so far :cheer: So creative, I have no idea how you did it :rock:

Jan 7's effort

and just cos his little feets are so cute!

Too cute :) Excellent shots, I can never get in focus running shots.

Todays shot...following on my theme of Dinners or dinner prep...

I give you, King George Whiting :D

Excellent shot, love the vivid colours. It looks delicious :cheer:

I was getting Charch to sit while I took a photo of him and he knew that a treat was coming.

Its only started happening in the last couple of months but the minute I get the treats out his mouth becomes a tap and he drips saliva everywhere!

Its funny that its decided to start now at 18 months :laugh:

Really awesome shot, I love your editing...it's so...atmospheric :rock: Charch is so photogenic, too.

Okay - I decided I wouldn't use the photos I took yesterday afternoon for yesterday's shot. I took this one last night of a friend's new rescued pup, Cody. Poor thing has skin problems already but is a ball of energy and fun.

I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to get a shot of today. It's my best friend's birthday so I'm sure I'll think of something!

She's really gorgeous - any idea what she is? Beautiful shot.

Day 9

Henry

He's really gorgeous, great shot, love the bokeh.

Harry my flower child:

He's so handsome :o Great shot.

Here is mine for today.

Day 12

Bee

Stunning shot, love the clarity. Really beautiful bokeh, too.

Day 013

Really brilliant, the mood in this is amazing :scared:

--

Phew, that was a lot to go through :p

Thanks Bec and Shell :heart: Shell, she is really gorgeous, such a flirt, too.

Sorry about the spam, too many quotes...

Edited by iltby